offering: (somewhat) professional electric bass playing+writing

for pretty much all genres.

I chose "somewhat professional", because I'm not a studio bass player, but i practiced a good amount of time to become one (but chose not to after trying a bit of studio playing, because it wouldn't be fun for me as an everyday job)

recording gear is a t-rex squeezer stopmbox (compressor) and an aguilar tone hammer stompbox (preamp) into a focusrite saffire 6 usb, with 2 no-name basses ran through (one of them being a slightly modified very nice sounding 70s jazz-bass replica)

there are some things that i can't play (at least right now), e.g. faster than 140 bpm constant 16ths that have to be played fingerstyle. but if you want something from me I know I can't play, I'll tell you right away, so just ask away. (my preferred way of working would be: you show me the WIP, and at least one example of what the bass should be like, considering both sound and the notes played, and i'll figure something out, and we'll work on it from there)

I recorded a demo of me playing "ain't nothing like the real thing" by marvin gaye and tammi terrel (i absolutely love motown bass-lines), so you have something to go on, this is without any fx (other than the stompboxes) and without any editing, just played through completely (only bass+click, makes it easiest to judge the playing imo)

https://soundcloud.com/dr-jekyll-mr-heil/bass-demo-with-click

here is it without the click if you can't stand to listen to the demo with it

https://soundcloud.com/dr-jekyll-mr-heil/bass-demo-without-click

(although i have to say, judging with a click is much easier. believe me i know, i was born with the click, molded by it, i didn't play without the click until I was already a man...)

looking forward to as many collabs as possible in the near future!

Edited by Dr. Jekyll Mr. Heil
typo

What do you say? Would you like to write and play the bass line on that piece?

I'd love to! I didn't play anything too jazz-y in some time, so this is a very welcome extra variety in my music.

...I'll need the chords (or sheet music) though, I'm not good at playing by ear.

(and maybe stems, one for the guitar, one for the drums, so i can focus on each seperately if need be)

Edited by Dr. Jekyll Mr. Heil