Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Mashup Thing of Some Sorts or Something

Press the Edit button and go into Advanced.

Basically, my feedback hinges on cohesiveness and OCR's standards. Last I recall, you intend to get feedback on this, so... yeah. Medleys can really be done in any way you want, but the standards here emphasize that simply going from one song to the next without careful integration leaves room for improvement.

They flow well in your mind, but sometimes when you listen to something for too long, you get something called "ear fatigue". Other people who share similar beliefs as the OCR judges would also mention the transitions. I wouldn't say they're "half-assed", but that's just because I want to be nice with my wording. I can say, though, that they can be polished some more, from an objective standpoint, so it's not immediately obvious that it's a shift to the next song.

That's true, however there are mixes in existence out there that use very many sources in a cohesive way. How is that possible? Dunno, but check this out, it uses 11. :)

It's great that you want to hear solutions, but without really knowing the behind-the-scenes of how you approached your mix, it's pretty difficult to give specific advice. We're trying our best! There are loads of approaches to particular aspects of production, just as there are many different solutions to many particular math problems. We can give you possible solutions though.

I am wanting feedback on this. Lot's of it. I like to see the thoughts you guys have. Also, where are OCR's standards? It'd be a good read for me it seems.

Transitions: Are there any transitions in particular that are lack luster, or any that are good and shouldn't change?

What you showed me with the Zelda thing is a mashup. While it is a cool track, it's not the same thing as this. I'm gonna link an article here that outlines the differences. I'm writing a medley, not a mashup.

http://acappellaquest.blogspot.com/2013/03/mash-up-vs-medley.html

- StickyGum32

I am wanting feedback on this. Lot's of it. I like to see the thoughts you guys have. Also, where are OCR's standards? It'd be a good read for me it seems.

Transitions: Are there any transitions in particular that are lack luster, or any that are good and shouldn't change?

What you showed me with the Zelda thing is a mashup. While it is a cool track, it's not the same thing as this. I'm gonna link an article here that outlines the differences. I'm writing a medley, not a mashup.

http://acappellaquest.blogspot.com/2013/03/mash-up-vs-medley.html

- StickyGum32

Submission Standards

Last I recall, a medley consists of many songs.

The term “medley” refers to a collection of songs, performed together as one complete musical composition or work.
Medleys can be mashups too, but in that particular Zelda case it was a cohesive medley. However, it was not a traditional mash-up, as it was not two or more songs playing at the same time the whole entire time, but a song that introduces brief cameos of many songs.

From the same site:

Does each song get equal representation within the entire composition? Is there a moment when both songs are performed at the same time? Is your arranger showing off his/her musical prowess by combining these songs in a new interesting way?

If the answer is NO to any or most of these questions, you are NOT singing a [traditional] mash-up.

If you plan to submit to OCR, then that's what I would suggest you do if you want to go through with this medley, as the traditional medley is too predictable, IMO.

Also, your track is private.

Edited by timaeus222