El Juego (chiptune)

PixelPanic

I lost el juego. :<

Anyways:

I'm finding the instruments to be a bit narrow in the frequency range, even for chiptune. It's hard to notice at first, but there should be some more treble on the whole track. :)

Something else that's rather important is that it feels like everything's not panned (yet?). A more 3D stereo image would help this a lot too. Even if you plan to add guitars later, the chiptune can stand to be wider, to perhaps 16~25% pan on each side.

Edited by timaeus222

I lost el juego. :<

Anyways:

I'm finding the instruments to be a bit narrow in the frequency range, even for chiptune. It's hard to notice at first, but there should be some more treble on the whole track. :)

Something else that's rather important is that it feels like everything's not panned (yet?). A more 3D stereo image would help this a lot too. Even if you plan to add guitars later, the chiptune can stand to be wider, to perhaps 16~25% pan on each side.

The issue is that at higher ranges you barely hear the tone and hear more of the attack, so I could work around, but it's a little tough to avoid.

And yeah, panning isn't built in to LSDj, and I haven't done any post excluding limiting and high/low cuts to reduce some sizzliness, so panning can and should be done, I just didn't have the patience to do it right now :tomatoface:

PS I really didn't mean to make that reference with the name but okay whatevs what can I do nothing thats what