Want to compose original music for RPG

DarkDjinn

I'm new to this forum - been a fan of the site for a long time and just registered today. Any suggestions on where I could go to find someone working on an independent RPG that I could contribute original music to?

Like a lot of people on this site, I'm really into stuff like Final Fantasy 1-9, Lufia, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, and that's the kind of game/music I'd like to do.

I have a new one that I've been working on here

http://www.facebook.com/bradcharlesmusic

And I'll be putting up new stuff here soon, hopefully - right now it's just a couple of old rock songs that I recorded at home

http://www.youtube.com/neverendinghill

Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated!

Meh, I'm new to the whole composer thing, but I've landed 2 video games in the last month. Not great pay, but it's given me a little insight.

1.) Network. Know people and reach out. Jobs will not come to you, you have to go to them. Hang out where people are going to look for composers, have a web presence, bandcamp, etc. OCR is a good place to hang out, but I've only seem 3-5 jobs get advertised here over the last year, and many of them are NOT good deals, posted by people who just want free stuff and don't have their games completed.

2.) Have a good portfolio.

3.) Be a professional, not an asshole artist who thinks he's amazing. People want to work with a personality as well as get a quality product.

4.) Look at the music business thread.

Meh, I'm new to the whole composer thing, but I've landed 2 video games in the last month. Not great pay, but it's given me a little insight.

Thanks for the tips. I'm not looking to make money at all - if it's there I won't refuse it. I really just want to see the music I make get used for something other than annoying my wife when she has to listen to it constantly.