Lusipurr.com has an opening for a musician

I work (voluntarily) at a video game news editorial website called Lusipurr.com as the Music Director. Music director simply means that I compose and remix music for the site. It's a really interesting site with lots of great writers and well-informed opinions. I'm going to stop working there at the end of this month to concentrate on other projects which means my position will need filling by a competent remixer/composer.

The website is fairly popular. Their weekly podcast gets a few thousand downloads. It is not a paid position, there will be some restrictions on the types of music you are allowed to publish on the site, and there will be some rules and other small tasks involved but it is a VERY valuable experience because not only will your music be in front of an audience every month (or more, if you have the time) but you can also see first-hand what is involved in running this type of website, be on their weekly podcast, and learn a lot about a lot of different things from the leader of the website, Lusipurr, who is an exquisitely educated man.

You can apply directly by filling out the job application. It's aimed at writers so make sure to mention that you want to be the music director in the email.

http://lusipurr.com/documents/application.txt

If you have questions or would like more details of my experience there, you can reply or PM. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Legendary Zoltan

My production skills are also not that good but I think as long as you use your own judgement and change anything that doesn't sit well with your own ears, most others will be satisfied as well. I was producing one song per month. Some of the stuff he asks for is very challenging if you are not versed in certain genres. The very first task I had was to turn Zeal's theme into a John Phillips Souza style march. You can listen to what I did here.

http://lusipurr.com/category/music/

The "application" is weird, I honestly couldn't answer some of the questions even if I did want to apply.

No kidding. That FF chickee question is really bizarre. Back in 1997 I would have said Yuffie. :) But now that i'm in my late twenties i'm pretty sure i'd have the feds after me if I said that.

Nice March TLZ, Orchestration is a small problem for me because it takes me forever to deal with all of the instances of Play I need while on a 4GB machine.

I'll send you my soundcloud.

Edited by Garpocalypse