Super Mario RPG - OC ReMix Mixes Playlist

Zanquino E.S.

Greetings,

This is a playlist project filled with Super Mario RPG mixes submitted on OC ReMix with the goal of reliving the story from start to finish thru this amazing mixes.

Let this be a tribute to celebrate what to this day I consider the best game I’ve ever played and a very very very nice memory of my childhood (I dream of the day I see Geno’s SSB Challenger Approaching silhouette).

- The Playlist

1. Waltz of the Forest / remixed by Final Boss, Psyguy, Kirbopher, ShadyVox*
  2. Big Bad Koopa Dubstep / remixed by Teaganbear
  3. Mushroom Way Madness / remixed by Orkybash
  4. Last Night a DJ Kidnapped Mallow / remixed by Skrypnyk
  5. Genos Woods / remixed by Orkybash
  6. Bobble Head Inspiration / remixed by Nex
  7. Bukkis Tango / remixed by McVaffe
  8. Booster Tarantino / remixed by djpretzel
  9. Waltz of Pain / remixed by Blak_Omen, Dhsu
  10. Three Mushroom Dances / remixed by Jeremy Robson
  11. Seeking Heat / remixed by Sine
  12. Lost (Forest Maze) / remixed by WK9**
  13. Leafcutter / remixed by Radiowar
  14. Hammered / remixed by Tiger vs Crane***
  15. Farewell, Star Guardian / remixed by Russell Cox
  16. Rawest Forest / remixed by Martin Hagwell****

*Waltz of the Forest” is not an OCR remix. The remix is available for free at http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/432275.

**“Lost (Forest Maze)” is not an OCR remix. The remix is available for free (name your price) at http://pokasaharecords.bandcamp.com/album/party-planet-lost.

***“Hammered” is track #22 of the “(GENO) B-Sides” album (Disc 3 of the “Heavy Troopa is Ready to Launch!” compilation). To download go to http://gamemusic4all.com/heavytroopa/media.html.

****“Rawest Forest is not an OCR remix. The remix is available for free at http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/172888.

Note: All credit goes to the artist that created such amazing mixes. I did some copy / paste on the list so if anyone notices an error, typo and/or missing artist name please PM me.

- How to Create the Playlist

To create the playlist you need to download one by one all the mixes from the “Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars” remixes page Link or search the remix name under “mixes”. If you are a Mario RPG fan like me you probably have the tracks somewhere in your computer .

Create A New Playlist >> Drag And Drop >> Arrange The Tracks >> Press Play >> Enjoy.

- Why share it with the world???

This idea started as a project for my personal enjoyment then I thought maybe others like me have an idea of doing something like this. Plus I’ve enjoyed a lot of the work shared by others on OC ReMix. This is for everyone so I decided to share it with the world.

- Final Thoughts

I think all that is left to say is give the playlist a chance. At the end even if you don’t like the way I arranged the remixes you will still enjoy such amazing work.

Feedback and comments are welcome!

- Wishful Thinking

Now that my Final Fantasy VI dream came true I hope someday I get to see an OC ReMix Super Mario RPG official project.

I wish Geno is a newcomer on the next Super Smash Bros; he looks so cool in this picture:

Geno_Blast_by_MeganImel.png

(Fan art by “MeganImel” at http://meganimel.deviantart.com)

Edited by Zanquino E.S.

I'm pretty sure it's not OCR, but I certainly enjoy Heavy Troopa is Ready to Launch.

I like “Heavy Troopa is Ready to Launch!” a lot. It has some really funny tracks like “Piracy” and “Rekoopa Kickback”. I had the same confusion because it appears on OCR's “Album List” but it does not has a “OCRA” number.

I wish somebody made a trailer for “Heavy Troopa is Ready to Launch!” like what they did for “Mega Man X: Maverick Rising”. I think there is no official one; that would give the album more exposure.

IIRC, cases where an album is in the album listings are so that info about the album (as well as the album cover art) can appear in a writeup when a song from that album is posted. But if doesn't have an OCRA number (or OCRO if it's an original album rather than a remix album), then that's because yes, the album wasn't released as an official OCR project. Heavy Troopa is an example, where the album was put together outside the community and one of the artists just happened to sub his track.

After 7 years of waiting for my favorite game of all time to have an OCR album, I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands and start one up.

You are my hero!!!! Thank you for this initiative; I am really looking forward to its release on 2014.

Oh boy. Good to see another SMRPG fan :D

Yea, there is just something (or everything) about that game that I believe only the people that played it know or feel. For example the intro video was so well made it just captures you. The way each main character is presented; Mario looking at Bowser’s Keep and Exor; Geno saving Mario (EPIC); Bowser crying!?!?!?!?.

IIRC, cases where an album is in the album listings are so that info about the album (as well as the album cover art) can appear in a writeup when a song from that album is posted. But if doesn't have an OCRA number (or OCRO if it's an original album rather than a remix album), then that's because yes, the album wasn't released as an official OCR project. Heavy Troopa is an example, where the album was put together outside the community and one of the artists just happened to sub his track.

Nice, thanks to that I found out about the album. “Heavy Troopa is Ready to Launch!” is very well made. It brought back a lot of memories.

Update:

I added “Rawest Forest” by Martin Hagwel as track #16 to the playlist. The idea behind adding it is creating sort of like a funny bonus track at the end. The lyrics were very well thought out and in my opinion the video was well made and is really funny.

If this was a remix album and I could give it a name I would call it “Super Mario RPG: A Blast From The Past” inspired by this fan art by “TopazMutiny”.

A_Blast_from_the_Past_by_TopazMutiny.png

• 2 weeks later...
That video was what introduced me to Kirbopher and the wonderful worlds of animation and newgrounds. The song is really good too, its a good fit for a SMRPG playlist.

I’m glad you liked the addition. The first time I saw the video I was amazed at how accurate and well it was thought out. The Geno vs Exor rap battle is my favorite part.