Final Fantasy 4 - Into The Darkness (SNES)

Kamasenin

I am not as good a musician as the others hanging around here, so take what I say as a listener's commentary. :)

I like the sound quite a bit and it feels like it could work in the game itself. It isn't something I would necessarily listen to as a standalone track, but it's enjoyable to listen to. If that isn't what you're going for, I'd push for it to be a bit more surprising; after the first few seconds you kind of knew what you were in for and the track just looped from there. This is very, very similar to the original song and it's main perk compared to the original is better instruments.

With that said my biggest complaint with the sound is that the bass seems out of place compared to the rest of the instruments. It stood out in a bad way and I felt needed to take more of a backseat.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice sounds over-all. The choirs felt a bit weird though - is that an MMM or Ehh choir? Anyhoo, personally, I'd stick with an 'Ahh' choir as it's a bit more robust with this sort of melody... that or the choir is just difficult to hear perfectly with the arp and bass. This is more a subjective than objective gripe, however.

Yeah, not too much remix-wise, but this track would fit PERFECTLY for my http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44966 competition concept :tomatoface:

Definately sounds more like VGM than an OCR song, so there's nothing wrong with that...just don't expect to get the panel to pass this track. There would need to be well...more. A lot more. That and some original melodies/chord structures etc. But to be honest, I prefer this as a cover than as a remix so, yeah. Good stuff mang.

• 4 weeks later...