Wrath Of Earth Intro Music Remix

vr_jadison

Hi,

had chance to do something again after all the years.

This is the woderful original no-one will know:

This is my remix:

- MP3: http://music.vultracide.net/Paul_Ograbisz_-_The_Unrecognized_Powers_-_09_-_Wrath_Of_Earth__Wrath_Of_Earth_Remix_.mp3

- Stream: http://www.lastfm.de/music/Paul+Ograbisz/The+Unrecognized+Powers/Wrath+Of+Earth+%28Wrath+Of+Earth+Remix%29

PART 2 [EDITED (INSERTED) AFTERWARDS]

The song deals with the main intro theme of the rather unknown game "Wrath Of Earth". The original intro song is kind of minimalistic (as midi music with teccy beats sometimes is) and perfectly fits my personal music concept and preference; regardless of genre.

SONG STRUCTURE

[PART 1] [to 01:04]

Custom beginning part no futher original melodies. Made it because the synth in the real remix part was so cool and I wanted more of it.

[PART 2] [to 03:11]

The actual remix.

[END 1] [to 03:59]

Custom end part with no futher original melodies. My testing of Goa style music.

[END 2] [to END]

And my beloved wonderful long ending. The basses there remind me of the beginning of a Paul Oakenfold remix of Madonna's "What it feels like for a girl", so I left them there for the smooth end. Could be an own strange song but I wanted to leave it by the remix because it was created with it.

SONG PROBLEMS 1

- Mastering: To much middle and bass sound.

- Segue from intro to remix: Listener surprised/overwhelmed by the new sound setting. Could not solve this.

SONG PROBLEMS 2

Here "problems" that occur because people hate these aspects while I always love them. ^-^ (I make the music for me, but others throughout the world should also listen to it.)

- Long intro

- Drums do not change really

- Minimal concept / much repetitions

- Some parts that make the song longer but I could not take them out or build something else in it. Especially [03:12 - 03-28] I really wondered the first time I made a wav file of the arrangement because the song was so long.

Edited by vr_jadison
Not enough info included and had no time yesterday

0:00 - 1:41 felt like a super long intro. You build it up so well, then at 1:52 you drop almost everything but the drums, arps and bass - it left me feeling a little cheated :(. That drop-out of sounds would work better as a breakdown, imo. Also, this track would REALLY benefit from a super reverby snare on the down-tempo beat as the HH & kick alone isn't really enough. Alas, the arpeggios get repetitive and the track seems to lose focus as it progresses...

This'd work more as in-game music than OC remix ironically, so in a way you've done a good job of bringing out that awesome retro VGM feel. Also, that 'verby string rhythm is pretty sexy, as well as that swelling bass and the kick drum.

Sooo...yeah if you want to get this posted on OCR, you'd probably want to revamp the composition and hammer out some of the meandering in the 2nd half of the track; maybe shorten the 0-1:41 build up...as well as moving the consecutive breakdown at 1:52 at least a minute away, so there's more space for it.

So, all in all, it's not a bad track...didn't bother to listen to the source tune so idk how much of it is original...either way there's much work to be had if u wanna post this. Hope to see your other future works soon, vr_jadison

Hi Alex.

Thanks for the input. Very interesting.

The first silence was important to underline the second glorious start of the melody. The bass comes in suddenly again and I love this style. Hmm I wonder why it did not work for you. Maybe good plan but badly fulfilled.

That idea with reverbed percussion on slow / silent parts is good. Used it in some songs but did not ever see it as an intentional strategic implementation. Music theory. Nice idea. Will keep it in mind!

I often thought of shortening songs like in a "radio version" to have more tension and shorter songs. People will like it quicker and the lovers will download the longer version. Yea.

Don't think OCR will post it. But thats not my plan. ^^ Just want to have your more or less professional opinions. Of people who really think about and reflect what they hear.

Your cite "good job of bringing out that awesome retro VGM feel" is wonderful. Thanks! Good to hear that. I think I understood what sound you meant regarding the sexy "verby string rhythm" ^^ but what do you mean by "swelling bass and the kick drum"? Maybe the GOA style ending?

The ending somehow always gets me off. The ending with no beats and tension without a real big break out. What do you think of it?

Thanks for the text dude,

Paul.

Hi Alex.

Thanks for the input. Very interesting.

The first silence was important to underline the second glorious start of the melody. The bass comes in suddenly again and I love this style. Hmm I wonder why it did not work for you. Maybe good plan but badly fulfilled.

That idea with reverbed percussion on slow / silent parts is good. Used it in some songs but did not ever see it as an intentional strategic implementation. Music theory. Nice idea. Will keep it in mind!

I often thought of shortening songs like in a "radio version" to have more tension and shorter songs. People will like it quicker and the lovers will download the longer version. Yea.

Don't think OCR will post it. But thats not my plan. ^^ Just want to have your more or less professional opinions. Of people who really think about and reflect what they hear.

Your cite "good job of bringing out that awesome retro VGM feel" is wonderful. Thanks! Good to hear that. I think I understood what sound you meant regarding the sexy "verby string rhythm" ^^ but what do you mean by "swelling bass and the kick drum"? Maybe the GOA style ending?

The ending somehow always gets me off. The ending with no beats and tension without a real big break out. What do you think of it?

Thanks for the text dude,

Paul.

Oh I misinterpreted if you were gonna post this on OCR or not. Since you haven't done so, I'd recommend just working on the production side of things to get this sounding as clean and crisp as you can ^^ - best of luck to you in your future remxin' endeavours.

EDIT

Sorry, I missed the questions you had asked: I meant just the bass sample in general, as it "swells" as the note's being held down, probably a pre-set sample in whichever VST you used. And I guess the ending works more or less.

Edited by HoboKa