Palpable

Remixer name: Bluelighter

Mail:

ID forum: 30998

Game & Songs: Final Fantasy VII & Mining Town

Interpreter: Guillaume SAUMANDE (piano)

Composer: Nobuo UEMATSU

Link:

Mining town is really my favorite track from the game. In this very simple piece, N. Uematsu has known putting a lot of emotion.

So, I've made a piano version of this. Globally, I tried to keep purity of original piece. Beginning and ending are very peaceable; 2nd part (50’’) has a more accentuated rhythm and brings a darker section (1’23). The melody is then played lower with a rhythm in 5/8, more stressful. The song finished quietly by the second melodic line of the original.

Enjoy :D

--------------------------------------------------------

Really like the arrangement - lots of variety in playing, great dynamics - but the production is killing this. The piano sound is so narrow and muddy. The 2:00 section in particular just sounds... bad. With a better sound, this is probably passable, though there are some slight problems where you speed up too much. Try focusing on those problems areas and get forum help for a better piano sound if you need it.

NO (resubmit)

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 2 weeks later...
Really like the arrangement - lots of variety in playing, great dynamics - but the production is killing this. The piano sound is so narrow and muddy. The 2:00 section in particular just sounds... bad. With a better sound, this is probably passable, though there are some slight problems where you speed up too much. Try focusing on those problems areas and get forum help for a better piano sound if you need it.

I'm right there in Palpable's camp. You really need to figure out how to get much, much cleaner, clearer sound quality before you submit anything else, otherwise the horrible production quality will always cause the submission to be turned down.

Everything sounds distant and extremely lossy. The piano tone also sounds thin and brittle. Literally everything about the production prevented this otherwise solid arrangement from sounding good.

I also agreed with Palpable that some runs were played too fast (e.g. 1:51-2:00); it wasn't a huge deal, but watch out for stuff like that.

This same arrangement with clearer sound quality and a richer piano sound would have a chance at being approved. Until you can get a decent, clear sound from your setup, your time needs to be spent in the Workshop forums asking for advice.

NO (resubmit)