*NO* Super Mario Bros. 'It's a Series of Tubes!'

Liontamer

1) Remixer Name- Bob-omb and The Bullet Bills

2) D L

1) Game Being Arranged- Super Mario Bros

2) Name Of Arrangement- It's a Series Of Tubes!

3) Name Of Arranged Song- Underground Theme

4) Original Composer- Koji Kondo

5) Why is so much of the Nintenocore scene focused on Metal? I love the idea of Glitch merging with many genres, but why so much Metal? We'll rather than complain I got to doin, and tried for a simple Rock(maybe Punk)/Glitch. I was channeling the spirit of Devo (specifically "Satisfaction") here and not trying to have a strong hook, just a catchy cacophony of Mario music (we all know the Underground Theme, what more could I add?) I wanted to have a train wreck style can't-take-my-ears-off-how-disjointed-it-is-but-I-want-to-keep-listening sound. IDK, maybe I just made a wreck.

6) I'm concerned the Attachment didn't work, here is the Youtube(Dan2227) link

3:51

-----------------------------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

The melodic interpretation of the source was personalized well and the glitch approach was interesting. This a really cool concept here, but that core beat & clap pattern was just too repetitive.

Even Devo's "Satisfaction" would have some brief dropoffs here and there (plus its usage of vocals allowed for other kinds of rhythmic and dynamic shifts, which this lacked in comparison).

Employing some brief variations and dropoffs in the groove would help this not sound too static in the long-run. The rest was weird, certainly, but I could get behind this with some tweaks to the beat pattern over the course of the 3 1/2 minutes.

NO (resubmit)

I gotta agree with Snoop Lion(tamer) here, the beat just drones on and on, and besides a brief drop before the kick and clap come in to layer the existing rhythm, it doesn't do anything. I like the quirkiness of the rest of the track, but between the repetitive beat and the really washed out sound scape, the track isn't as effective as it could be.

Mix up those drums a bit more, bring a few select elements forward a bit, and let's hear it again. Huge random chord at the end seemed strange as well. I like the glitchy randomness, but I want to hear it better, and get a more compelling beat.

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...

Gonna echo the sentiments of my fellow j's here. Drums could certainly use variation and having some of the melodic elements brought to the foreground would certainly help this. Right now they're a little too much like background noise/effects.

It's certainly not a wreck, but there's room for improvement.

NO resubmit, please