DK Country 2 Bossanova Remix

Schematist

I'd like to believe I know the DKC2 soundtrack like the back of my hand, but at 0:55 seconds in... I can't tell what the original tune is.

Even after the fade out I'm still unsure.

and after the required youtube look up of the song, a soft 'ooooohhh' is voiced.

Gonna say your remix is on the side of not sounding enough like the original (Liberal? Republican?), which is cool if you wanna work on this and pass it off as an original. Not so good if you want to have something submittable.

As for your mix itself, despite being 2:20 in length, it tends to be really repetitious. The sounds are pretty generic/bland, nothing really stands out as being a leeeeead. There's nothing really creative going on, no interesting breakdowns, seems very flat, not enough dynamic change.

For example, you could completely remove the drums from 1:20 to say 1:29, that would have a strong change up to the song.

Overall it's not bad, not terrible, but it fails to really leave an impact on me. Keep practicing, keep experimenting, keep going.