Mega Man 3 Wily 5/6 - Cliffhanger

Phonetic Hero

I've been in a bit of a rut lately, which is bad because of deadlines, so in an attempt to break out of it, I've been playing through some old favorites, among them Mega Man 3. And man, when I got to the final Wily stages, holy crap.. that music is AMAZING. I immediately imagined it in a cinematic style, since that's where my mind's been lately

It's nothing too serious, still pretty raw. It was more to get me writing again so I can (hopefully) hit deadlines on time, and I figured I'd go ahead and share it since it's been a while since the last time I posted in this forum. I'd still love to hear all opinions, critiques, or flame-y hate posts that you guys might have

Remix

(man, there's SERIOUSLY not a better quality version of this on youtube?!)

This is pretty cool Pete! I love the cinematic approach here, it definitely suits the sources well. You planning on developing this more?

Man, I'd really love to, but I'm kinda musically booked for a while with a bunch of stuff... But maybe I'll come back to it to get out of another rut and put some more down on it, maybe even finish it. I'd really like to see it through though, it's an amazing source, and the cinematic approach seems really promising for the material

Sounds pretty good so far to me. Some observations:

- Oddly very lofi cymbal at 0:26

- 0:30 strings can be stronger if you want, and I'd suggest it.

- 0:40 strings seem to be falling behind the rhythm.

Haha, that cymbal is a gong. I took a bit of the low end out so it wouldn't take up as much space, there's a frequency in that sample that just lingers forEVER and steps on goddamn everything. You're right about the strings there, they can be beefier, and the timing is a recurring issue with my stacatto strings. As I recall you pointed it out in one (or maybe more heh) of my WCRG tracks. It's just a little annoying to slide everything back a bit to get it right and I kinda slammed this out to get over a dry spell. I'll fix it if I decide to see this one through