Native Instruments update failure...

Hey guyzzz, a friend and I were trying to collab when we discovered we had different versions of Kontakt. We both tried to update, and both our updates failed. We both got the message that the previous version could not be uninstalled. I still have my old version, but my friend went ahead and tried to manually uninstall and reinstall, but that failed too as Kontakt still seems to be installed somewhere. He even edited his registries (and he's generally really good with this stuff). He is completely dead in the water now, and furious.

We have both purchased the Komplete 9 upgrade (haven't received them yet), but I'm thinking we will both end up having to reformat our computers and reinstall everything. Apparently NI has terrible support, people are waiting weeks just to get an email with a link to their knowledge base. Dammit Native Instruments.

Have any of you had this problem? How did you deal with it?

Hey guyzzz, a friend and I were trying to collab when we discovered we had different versions of Kontakt. We both tried to update, and both our updates failed. We both got the message that the previous version could not be uninstalled. I still have my old version, but my friend went ahead and tried to manually uninstall and reinstall, but that failed too as Kontakt still seems to be installed somewhere. He even edited his registries (and he's generally really good with this stuff). He is completely dead in the water now, and furious.

We have both purchased the Komplete 9 upgrade (haven't received them yet), but I'm thinking we will both end up having to reformat our computers and reinstall everything. Apparently NI has terrible support, people are waiting weeks just to get an email with a link to their knowledge base. Dammit Native Instruments.

Have any of you had this problem? How did you deal with it?

Having the same problem, but with Guitar Rig.

Update: my brilliant friend managed to fix it on his end. He had an unsuccessful uninstall, so he spent about three hours combing his machine for every NI entry... all the registries, document folders, app data folders, and some other very random places contained little incomplete or broken NI entries. Damn, their installation process is the WORST. BUT... he FIXED it and got his stuff successfully reinstalled AND updated! I'm giving him a couple of days break before he has to do MINE...

tl;dr - lot of work to uninstall NI and do complete reinstall, just to update. :x