*NO* Silent Hill 'The Flowers Died That Day'

djpretzel

ReMixer Name: Jaiko

E-mail Address: FurJaiko@msn.com

Where the mix can be found:

Name of the Remix: The Flowers Died That Day

It's a Silent Hill remix. It captures the melancholy essance of the game series. It is truely a gem in any Silent Hill fan's music collection. I hope it passes the test. Toss it in with Silent Hill 1 if you choose to keep it.

Thank you very much guys!

~Jaiko

this sounds pretty amatuerish.

the sfx are clumsy. the volume on that pad at the very beginning increases and decreases spasticly, and most of the ambient sound effects don't fade in or out, they just cut off abruptly. it sounds really awkward, especially with the "scratchy record" and "closing door" sound effects.

the samples are mostly low quality (especially the choir synths), the sequencing is at times mechanical, and the drums aren't well designed (particularly the snare drum in that last section).

melodically, the arrangement is much to conservative and simple for OCR.

all this being said, the mix is still kind of creepy, so i think you accomplished some of what you set out to do.

it wouldn't hurt to hit up the WIP and Remixing forums on the site, get feedback, and improve your arrangement and production skills.

NO

Yeah, this isn't even worth looking through the whole Silent Hill soundtrack in order to verify the originals. Next time you submit something, be sure to provide information on what original track(s) you arranged.

Agreed with JonT that this was too beginner-ish. Instrumentation is too simplistic, sparse, and mechanical. Transitions were non-existent, and melodically the substance wasn't there either.

Like Jon also said, this does have a bit of that creepy vibe to it, but other than that, there's not much to like. Indeed though, you at least display potential, so stick around the community, visit those forums he mentioned and try your hand at improving.

NO

I hate to be glib, but Jon and Larry summed up the major problems here. There's nothing more to add.

I actually did like the choir bends though. Very spooky and creative, but otherwise this is just riddled with problems. It feels like several ideas and concepts blended into one poor, transition-lacking mix.

Needs a lot of work in every area, but I do appreciate the concept.

Keep at it and use our Work in Progress/Completed forum in the future.

NO