*NO* Sonic CD (US) 'Stardust Speedway (flashvanslyer Mix)'

Palpable

Hello Please take this to the track.

I would be very grateful if this work falls into one of your projects. Thank you.

flashvanslyer feat. Provaider TH & Fennec TF

Tatarov Igor

flashvanslyer.ru

-------------------------------------------------------

This has got some cool instrumentation ideas but suffers from a lack of change-ups in the beat and backing parts. The lead guitar parts have some very nice writing to them. The track has a great, space-out quality to it, but ultimately is too repetitive. The guitars also don't slot into the trance beat as nicely as I'd like, sounding overly filtered, but it works decently. This remix is a great start but it's underwritten.

NO (resubmit)

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

This is a nice start to a mix; ultimately to me it felt pretty blocky where each section progressed, which is good, but only a single element was added or subtracted at a time. Some of the mixing was a bit off, with the guitar tone sounding brittle in the higher register. The filtering was good and was pretty cool, but combined with the brittle tone, it was a bit grating.

I recommend hitting up the workshop thread and getting additional feedback and ideas on how to progress further with this!

No, please resubmit

There were some weird clicks from 1:36-1:38 that weren't a huge deal, but were worth pointing out.

I didn't feel the mixing was solid here. Nothing really stood out as a lead, it all just bled into the murky soundscape. I get that the sound is purposeful, but a little more clarity wouldn't hurt this.

Overall, I agree with Palpable that the groove behind this is way too repetitive to merit 6 minutes; some creative dropoffs and pattern variation would go well alongside the good lead instrumentation variations presented here. It's an arrangement with some good ideas and promise but it ends up droning too long in spite of the instrument variations in your leads. It's not bad, but it needs better dynamic contrast and more sophisticated (even if subtle) development to justify the length.

NO