OCR03020 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/ALttP/MM/WW/SS 'Zelda's Lament'

Palpable

ReMixer name: Pl511

UserID: 48825

Name of game: The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword

Name of arrangement: Zelda's Lament

Name of song arranged: Zelda's Lullaby, Song of Healing, Midna's Lament, Legendary Hero, Fi's Lament

Link to Remix

Comments:

This is a piano arrangement of several Legend of Zelda songs that (for the first time almost XD) is actually playable by a solo performer (as you hear in the recording). As well as combining these 5 pieces, a lot of original interpretation as well as original composition has been included in the arrangement. I'm still a little unsure whether to put Zelda's Lullaby under Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time, but that's probably not an issue. I think that my personal favourite part of this arrangement was the writing in between Zelda's Lullaby and Midna's Lament. It was a lot of fun coming up with the few linking parts of original composition and getting everything to flow into each other properly was quite difficult. Hope you enjoy it!

-Pl511

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPG2yDvD_08 Zelda's Lullaby

Song of Healing

Midna's Lament

Legendary Hero

Skyward Sword Edited by Chimpazilla

Oh gosh another lovely piece by PI511... you really are wonderful on that piano. This piece is so gorgeous. I have no complaints about the piano tone or playing, I hear beautiful dynamics. I think you could bring the master limiter up just a few decibels as the track peaks about -12db at the loudest point. You don't have to bring it to 0db of course, but maybe just a few db louder. Interested to see if this bothers anyone else.

The track is arranged medley-style, one theme following another, but it feels cohesive. You have added some really nice personality to each theme, and I hear that you've transitioned them *very* well so the track has good flow. The original transitions are short but nice and fitting. Lovely piece!

YES

Edited by Chimpazilla

:00-:46 - "Zelda's Lullaby" (ALttP)

:58-1:15 - "Song of Healing" (MM)

1:23.5-2:12 - "Midna's Lament" (TP)

2:09.5-2:46.75 - "The Legendary Hero" (WW)

2:52.25-3:34 - "Fi's Lament" (SS)

On the first listen, this plodded a bit for me dynamically, since the tempo and energy stayed pretty samey throughout, but I enjoyed the subtlety here. The piano sound was also too thin, but overall it was mixed in a way to at least give things some decent body. I heard a super light pop at 2:49, but otherwise I'm on board. This was a smooth weaving of the themes and things floated from one source to the next without sounding jumpy. This ain't everyone's cup of tea, but a lot of people like chamomile. Relax. :-)

YES

This is really well done, and while the sources are laid out in a single line, the attention to detail and the treatment of the extra bits really brings this a step up. Performance was great; Samples were a touch thin, but still very clean.

The arrangement is beautiful, the sorces are well-chosen, and they are integrated in a nice way. I like it.

Yes

• 1 month later...

Piano sound is a little thin, but it's hard to deny that wonderfully written arrangement and expressive playing. I might normally push for another version, but the arrangement really makes up for the piano sound quality. Even knowing these sources well, it's very hard to spot the breaks between the songs - the flow is gorgeous. To all who are wondering how to do a medley that meets OCR's standards, this is how you do it.

YES