Original: Opening Title (

)

Additional Information:

- Console: N64

- Developer: Treasure

- Publisher: Enix, Nintendo

- Composer: Norio Hanzawa

- Release date: 1997

Comments: Remix was made using Ableton live. I've never played the game, but it's music fascinates me.

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Nice scooped rock sound here in the intro, though it gets a touch shakier once the song kicks in. I think the lead should be a touch louder and the snare needs more high end presence, but the guitar sounds tight with the rest of the mix, and the personalization overall is solid.

What the song really needs, is more material; at just a little over 2 minutes, it feels way too short, and expanding further upon the theme and maybe having a solo section would make this a really strong submission. It's good as-is, but I think further development would make this shine. I think the intro was super hype-inducing, and with more prominent leads and a bit more crack to the snare, this will really rock. You may even receive a yes vote or two on this as-is, but in the interest of the song being fully fleshed out, i gotta vote with the future in mind.

No, please resubmit

I think Andrew hit the nail on the head here. This is a GREAT sounding song, production is tight and the sounds are good. I love how you tackled this source. I also love the vocal clip, and the combination of guitars and synths. Really fun ideas!

Andrew is also correct about the snare, needs more snap. I feel like the guitar lead is probably loud enough, but other leads are buried, such as the piano starting at 1:52.

At 1:59 when the arrangement softens up, I'm hoping for a soft breakdown followed by some really epic soloing, then a cooldown and outro... song could really be more like 3 1/2 or 4 minutes. When it quickly fades out instead, I'm left wanting more. This song could really be so excellent. Please expand it!

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

The intro builds expectations so high, that anything less than an awesome chorus would be a letdown. I like what you do with the chorus, but the production isn't selling the idea. The drums should be bigger at the least, but you also might want to have the intro not get as loud, to save the full impact for the chorus.

However, the biggest problem is that this doesn't feel like a finished song. After one chorus, it drops into a nicely-timed cooldown section... and then it ends. It definitely doesn't feel like it should end there, and if you want to, I think you could easily stretch this out another few minutes. Even just having the song kick back to the chorus one more time might be enough for some closure. Think about what you can do to extend the piece.

PS: Piano should be louder in the cooldown section.

NO (resubmit)