Palpable

- Harjawaldar

- Mads Smebakk

-

- Secret of Mana

- Pure land theme

- Remix name: Measuring uncharted territory

Comments:

I listened to a lot of djent at the time and this tune really fit the genre with it's atmospheric and dreamy melodies. And it allows a lot of freedom with riffs and soloing.

It was originally made for Dwelling of Duels back in june 2011. I've recently remastered it.

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 5 weeks later...

volumewise the clean leads are being completely lost. The solo is a good volume, but everything else is so background-focused, it makes the song sound really unbalanced.

The arrangement is great, and the added parts are clever and fit with the existing source pretty well. I think for a more authentic djent sound you need to reduce the distortion slightly in the rhythm guitars, but otherwise it is pretty good stuff.

I think this is passable based on overall production and arrangement but the clean leads need to come up a ton. It seems like a huge oversight that they are at the level they are at now.

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew nailed it. Those clean leads are almost nonexistent, please bring them up. He's right about having a bit less distortion on the rhythm guitars, hopefully you can just do a quick re-amp to get a cleaner sound there. Otherwise yeah, really nice arrangement and production, drums are punchy and tight too. Bass could have a touch more definition and clear out some low-mid mud too, just a bit.

My only other suggestion would be that 2:34 sounds like an ending. It just completely stops. It would make for a better flow if something was happening during that empty space, anything at all, a drum pattern, guitar riff, sfx, just something so it doesn't sound like the song ended there. Also the ending is really abrupt, maybe end it on a chord or something, like some ambiance from the intro? Just a thought.

NO (resubmit)