Email:

Site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/4-Keys

User ID: Mykal7pointe0

Game: Goldeneye 007 N64

Arrangement: What Lurks in the facility

Song: The Facility theme from Goldeneye 007 N64

Added info: Composer: Graeme Norgate

Comments:

A somewhat simple track to put together. I was commissioned to write the OST to a friend's short filmed tribute the N64 Giant. Here's a link to that video: http://youtu.be/UQrK5VFFW7c. The film was produced by a good friend of mine: Michael Green. Once the video was made, I figured, "Why not submit to OCR?", and that my folks is the story behind this song. Thank you for listening!

-Michael Dangremond (4 Keys)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

This starts off promising with the moody intro of the original adapted into a glitchy, industrial style. When everything kicks in, the impact isn't as big as it should be (the rhythm guitars sound a little too thin), but it still sounds pretty good. Guitars and drums are balanced well, and it's kicking ass. At 0:47, the melody is introduced on an instrument that really downplays it, almost pushing it to the background, but it's still ok. Following the big section is another moody section similar to the intro though a little tweaked.

Disappointingly, it starts to run out of ideas at this point - there's a verbatim repetition of the chorus at 1:20. After a very sparse bridge, the song basically starts over at 2:12, with a verbatim repetition of the intro until one subtle element gets added. This is followed by yet ANOTHER verbatim usage of the chorus and bridge. I mean, what's here sounds great and Mike has given us some awesome stuff in the past. There's no reason to think this song wouldn't pass without the levels of copy/paste it uses - even some slight change-ups, some new elements, drum fills, rhythms would probably make this a pass by me. The way the intro was tweaked at 1:04 was a fine example of how to subtly change this up while holding the listener's interest.

NO (resubmit)

Edited by Palpable

• 5 weeks later...

I think the sound and balance sounded pretty good to me, had a strong Rammstein feel to the guitars, and I think the melody was fine between the synth and the little bells playing the melody. I do agree that it did get a bit too copypasta though, and i think the only real changes needed would be to make the variations more prominent. Classy ending too, minus the blip at the end of the volume.

I think this is very close, as the soundscape and mixing sound good to me overall, I just think the second half of the arrangement needs a bit more to differentiate it. Very strong and moody stuff. Hit us up with a revision, please!

No, please resubmit

That Goldeneye "poooohm" is one of my favorite sounds ever. Glitched? Huh, that's gonna take some getting used to. I almost wish you had glitched it differently each time, or just added some more extra glitching stuff and left the "pooohm" as is! (personal preference, because poooohm :-P)

The track seems pretty well balanced, with the backing guitars sounding quite good. Kick could have some more low-end punch. Snare sounds great. I'm not a fan at all of that synth lead, it is a very generic saw. I feel like saw leads can easily get tangled up in the high frequencies against guitars. There is quite a bit of mid/high frequency clashing going on here. And the lead synth is panned left-ish for some reason.

Yep, way too much repetition throughout the song. Try using different leads as the song progresses, and/or throw in an original solo on top of a section or two. The two identical breakdown sections are really sparse, those are two perfect opportunities to add original material on top, or something else of interest.

That ending tone is too loud. And yeah, blip at the end.

NO (resubmit)