Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2 Remake

skyrimian

Wow, that comes in hot. Be aware of your levels on this one - there's clipping and compression issues everywhere. Turn your volumes down, balance your levels so there isn't any clipping and check your clip from there.

I'm not sure if you mind the mechanical nature of the track, but most people would love to hear some humanization of the instruments on this. Big issues first, though, fix the clipping, as that's the most potent issue, at the moment.

It's a pretty straight remake of the boss 2 theme from Chrono Trigger - for what it is, it's certainly accurate. Nearly sounds the exact same, in fact, so if that's what you were going for then you nailed it. Get to cleaning up that production, though.

Hope that helps!

Wow, that comes in hot. Be aware of your levels on this one - there's clipping and compression issues everywhere. Turn your volumes down, balance your levels so there isn't any clipping and check your clip from there.

I'm not sure if you mind the mechanical nature of the track, but most people would love to hear some humanization of the instruments on this. Big issues first, though, fix the clipping, as that's the most potent issue, at the moment.

It's a pretty straight remake of the boss 2 theme from Chrono Trigger - for what it is, it's certainly accurate. Nearly sounds the exact same, in fact, so if that's what you were going for then you nailed it. Get to cleaning up that production, though.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for commenting! Appreciate the feedback.

Ok, if I may ask, when I'm checking for clipping, is it something I listen for? Like, is it like a crackly sound like you've blown a speaker? Or do you look at the sound wave in the program to see of it goes too high maybe? Sorry, I don't know much about production yet :/

Thank you for commenting! Appreciate the feedback.

Ok, if I may ask, when I'm checking for clipping, is it something I listen for? Like, is it like a crackly sound like you've blown a speaker? Or do you look at the sound wave in the program to see of it goes too high maybe? Sorry, I don't know much about production yet :/

It's both. :)

Well, that's an incredible degree of improvement in a single update. Now that the levels are fixed up, you can use a low pass filter to remove the excessive highs in your track, and from there raise the levels using a limiter or compressor a little in order to get the volume up to solid levels without as much clipping (just a little, though! Too much even with some limiting and it'll sound crowded and nasty).

Just some more advice to get as much production expertise out of this track as possible - with the clean sound you have now, you're close to getting a nice, loud track without the production problems associated with loudness. :-D