Kingdom Hearts II - Sanctuary Orchestal/Piano Arrangement

Pl511

stats.png

I found an old piano arrangement of Utada Hikaru's Sanctuary I'd made about a year ago, and decided to re-orchestrate it a little in my usual style. Not entirely sure where I'm going to go from here on - it's looking like exploring a few more interesting references might be a cool idea - but I'm liking the more free feel I've been able to put into some of the rhythms by not quantising chords. In general I think it sounds a lot less mechanical, and those woodwinds in particular are sounding a lot warmer. I'm a little nervous as to the quality of the arrangement itself because of the very slow harmonic movement and alternation between just two chords.

I don't have any particularly useful feedback to give - I mostly just want to say that I really liked it.

It was really well arranged and the instruments fit extremely well together. I should note, however, that I have never played Kingdom Hearts so am unfamiliar with the source.

The production values were great too. I A/B'd it with the closest professional track that I could think of (the opening theme from Xenoblade) and I actually think that the sound quality of yours was much better.

The only criticism that I could level at it is that towards the end it takes on a very Disney type sound which seems out of place with the rest of the piece. This is my personal taste though and if that's your thing then by all means keep it.

Keep it up! The finished piece will be awesome :)

HTH

Jonathan