*NO* Katamari Damacy 'You Are Adult'

djpretzel

ugh sorry forgot link, please keep it up even if the mix gets rejected

http://ezp.icynipple.net/Finshed/Katamari_Damacy_You_Are_Adult_OC_ReMix.mp3

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE!

Your ReMixer name : EazyP

Your real name : Pavo Miskic

Your email address : EazyP@hotmail.com

Your website : http://eazypmusic.blogspot.com and if you want, http://www.myspace.com/ezpmusic Your userid (number, not name) on our forums : No idea, but I'm there

Name of game(s) ReMixed : Katamari Damacy Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : Katamari Stars Additional information about game : For PS2, and a whole lot of composers but for this track I got Hideki Tobeta Comments : PRC62's 2nd place (tie between me and LAOS) song is here to be judged. I've been listening to alot of AY Riders and decided to do a mix of chiptune / low fi and mabye even dabble some realistic elements into the mix. Doesn't stray too far from the original ( I hate to move too far D: ) but meh still my favorite and best song I've made yet. Song's named after an AY Riders album of the same name, check them out if you haven't heard of them. Enjoy

Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!

same tempo as original...more or less same arrangement...different instrumentation which works in some places, doesnt in others. some of the rougher synths dont work so well for me. The drums dont change...in addition to that, the sequencing is mechanical and repetitive. Some of the instrumentation is cool, but this has a ways to go.

NO

Katamari Fortissimo Damacy - (15) "Katamari Stars"

Yeah, unfortunately, this feels like an oversimplification of the original. The beatwork dragged on after a while. The rigid sequencing actually seems purposeful here, but merely drags the track down because the piece doesn't evolve or develop. Arrangement/structure is given pretty conservative treatment and fails to really tread any new territory as a result.

Rearrange the piece with more interpretive ideas earlier on. The section from 4:18-5:33 was a good example though of at least giving the arrangement a different enough feel while playing with the rhythms and structure a bit more. Some nice potential here; keep working on it.

NO

Pretty basic soundscape. Not mixed particularly well. The bassline sounds quite dissonant to the other melodies playing over the top. The percussion is dry and bland. The synths are dry and bland. The piano is dry and bland. The mix is dry and bland.

For going on for 5:33, this needs a lot more ideas, and much better production. Vig summed it up well in saying it's "Mechanical and repetative."

NO