ff8 - Slide Show Orchestra

Hi !

This is a funny orchestra remix from the Slide Show : http://www.reverbnation.com/bluelighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv6D8rh2s6c

The original piece composed by Nobuo UEMATSU really interesting to play in piano. I was curious to hear what it could seem like with a complete orchestra.

At the beginning, I wanted to integrate only Slide Show p1 and p2, but other ff8’s themes has been naturally added.

• Slide Show p2:

• Slide Show p1:

• Stage is Set:

• Retaliation:

• Love Grow:

I’ve tried to create different atmospheres in this mix according to the scenes the character Laguna is working for his film :D

I think this version is finished, but maybe I’ve not seen some corrections to apply.

Any feedbacks ?

Edited by bluelighter

hey, this is pretty good.

Arrangement:

Very convincing. It doesn't sound like the distant worlds orchestrations, it sounds...better! If played by a real orchestra, I could hear it on the FF8 orchestral CD and not tell the difference.

Great transitions to the different parts. Lots of things going on in this track to keep it interesting, and there are no parts that seem out of place. The tone is very tongue-in-cheek drama, chick tied to railroad tracks.

Production:

I wonder if you can make this louder in mastering without compressing overmuch. The previous track I was listening to was much louder.

The samples and the handling of them was very good. It's very hard to use fake instruments to emulate real ones, but you did a stellar job. I think the fact that you played this had a lot to do with livening it up. I can tell from how bombastic it is and how the accents are all in the right places.

Mix-wise everything is clear, the reverb is full without being overdone. It could perhaps be a little brighter.

Great thanks for your encouragements :)

Yeah, I've attempt to win some DB after normalization. But I realize their was saturation at some parts. So I keep my version only normalized. I've compared with other orchestra pieces on OCR, I think the volume is OK.

I wait a little before post on OCR. I'm not perfectly satisfied on some transitions. I'll see if find something better.

Edited by bluelighter