First Original Song - Input wanted

Hi all, I recently made my first original song, and I'd like some input on it.

Any input, be it negative (but make it constructive please) or positive is greatly appreciated!

It's pretty much complete but if there's anything I can do, which I'm willing to bet there's a great deal of things, then I will try to do so.

It's a simple, slow ballad(?) with piano, cello and violin. I don't know if there's much else I can say about it...

I used my electric violin since I don't have a good enough microphone to record an acoustic one. I used reverb and EQ to try and make it sound more like an acoustic violin.

Have a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks. ^^

https://soundcloud.com/omegametroid93/first-original

Edited by OmegaMetroid93

I think the piano has too strong of an attack, and could be softer and use more reverb. Though that may just be my style preference. But I think you should make the dynamics less subtle.

I like how you started playing an octave higher near the end. But at the end of the song your bow stopped gripping the string! :whatevaa: Just something to keep in mind for future recordings; maybe you could not slow the bow too much and just lift it off the string, or fade out artificially.

This is about 100x better than my first song.