The Confrontation (film-style orchestra music)

DarkDjinn

I thought it was pretty good, but you're panning is waaay too wide to the point of being distracting. Get things off the sides some and I think you'll be pretty good to go.

Thanks for listening! I'll listen to the panning today and see if I can pick it apart and find ways to make it better. Do you have any tips? What I tried to do was somewhat imitate the setup of an orchestra.

I think the positioning is fine, it's just too wide. It's like the listener is sitting in the middle of the orchestra, with the musicians to the sides and all around, rather than the sitting in front of the orchestra. So for instance, if you have your 1st Violins panned 50% to the left, try putting them at 30%. If they're already around 30%, try panning them a little closer to center, etc.

When I first listened to it, I thought there weren't enough low end frequencies on the left, but after reading the comments afterward, I assume I felt that way because of the panning issues. Apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Also, have you considered adding a bigger percussion section?