Adobe Audition DAW?

WiFiSunset

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to post and start a discussion about this here because I was wondering if anyone here at ocr has used this DAW before. I have a chance to get it, but I want to see if anyone else has had experience with this since it seems new (in that I haven't heard it used much).

Is is a good daw?? I know the definition of "good daw" depends on the user.

https://creative.adobe.com/products/audition

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/learn/start/audition.html

I think Larry still uses the "Cool Edit Pro" version of Audition.... I've used that, then Audition first version through Adobe Audition 3.. I use it whenever I finish a song to edit the WAV file (beginning and end silence, and possibly converting a WAV to 16-bit 44KHz depending on how it is encoded when I receive it)

Overall the best WAV editing software I've used and it's why I still use it. Really easy for editing silence gaps, like if you're editing an audio book for a client, and need to silence some "throat sounds" between words. Super easy with the round slider in Edit View once you select a range.

Back in 2006 I would bounce out WAVs from Fruity Loops, import them into Audition 1.5 or whichever version I had at the time, and record my live stuff along to that. That's what I did for

which is super old and bad and shows how much i've improved hah.. ha.....

Dunno if any of that was helpful ^

If I'm being honest, Audition 3 is pretty clean and easy to use. Just from looking at that picture of Audition CC it gives me a headache.

Yeah that actually was really helpful. I didn't know if anyone here used it at all lol. Does it handle vst's and soundfonts well? I read that it can use those, and that it has loops built in it (samples). Right now I'm still

using the R.E.A.P.E.R. demo. So an actual licensed daw would be good.

I guess I'm wondering if it handles Sidechaining, EQ editing, and other features like reaper or fl studio and the like.

And thanks for the honesty xD. I don't think it gives me a headache because it looks interesting xD. Reminds me of an EQ editor that I saw on a tutorial once.

Reaper is a much better choice honestly. BONKERS uses that and his remixes are amazing.

I don't even think Audition 3 has a functional piano roll for VSTs. Can't comment on Audition CC 8)

The built in reverbs and such in Audition 3 are lower quality than what I'd be comfortable using. I can use VSTs though, like Izotope Nectar, on vocal tracks in it. I can use it to record vocals if a session has gotten too large. All in all, not too bad of a deal. :3

Edited by Brandon Strader

Yep, I like to think of it more like a competitor to Wavelab than a fully fledged DAW. Some great features though. I did all of my GHS's fades, encoding and dithering through the application. In particular, I like its great clip detection algorithm that you can run, which runs across the waveform and detects clipping without the file having to be played. I'm sure there are others out there that can do this, I just saw it here first and was impressed.

Yep, I like to think of it more like a competitor to Wavelab than a fully fledged DAW. Some great features though. I did all of my GHS's fades, encoding and dithering through the application. In particular, I like its great clip detection algorithm that you can run, which runs across the waveform and detects clipping without the file having to be played. I'm sure there are others out there that can do this, I just saw it here first and was impressed.

Yeah double this opinion! For making fades, cutting silence, detecting clipping, it is fantastic. Also, for lining up every WAV for gapless playback into 1 master wav, then make cuts from that into individual tracks... very good.