*NO* Kingdom Hearts 'Ansem's Theme (Tspeiro Mix)'

Chimpazilla

What the... I don't even.... omg wow... haha this track is aggressive and cool! Vocal haters, come on out. I think the vocals do capture the dark aggression of a vicious boss, though. Ok so I had to go watch this boss battle to really get the flavor of what's going on here. "Open your heart to darkness" indeed. YIKES.

I really like the note progressions on the piano, quite dark and evil against the screaming saws. The speedup at 1:50 is cool. I feel like there's enough source but I haven't done a full breakdown. Gonna relisten to be sure, though.

Production on this one is great as far as I can tell. Great ideas, very cool arrangement. I wish the ending wasn't quite so abrupt, but I'm over it. Devilishly good stuff. Glad you decided to "SUBMIT!" haha!

edit 10/21/14: Aw, damn. Flex is right, gotta replace the Billy Zane vocal clips with your own. Hopefully not a problem, and should be fun to do?

NO (resub PLEASE with your own vocals instead of Billy Zane so I can YES this)

Edited by Chimpazilla

• 4 weeks later...

Aww yeah, I'm immediately bobbing my head to this at my desk. I feel like there might be a slightly harsh frequency during that filtered bit at around the 1-minute mark, but not enough to hurt. Love the tempo changeup and the way you play with the rhythm. I'm with Chimp in that there could definitely have been more to the song, but it's not a horrible way to end. Short, sweet, and to the point. Honestly, you probably could have used more of the source, since this doesn't make use of everything there, but that's not enough to detract either.

My only concern is that the voice was sampled directly from the game, and I think I may have found the source used by this remixer:

and

If someone were to redo those voices, this would probably be just fine, but I don't think Squeenix is cool with direct samples from any of their property.

Finally, go ahead and find a better name for your remix than just "Tspeiro Remix." Gotta keep it original, yo! :-)

NO, but get someone to redo the voice and you're fine.

Edited by Flexstyle

A foot tapping dub-steppy track here with some nice arrangement ideas. It's great hearing original takes like this on source material. You have some solid instrumentation throughout - while they're not the most original sounds around, they have been implemented well and fit nicely in your tune.

Flexstyle be the detective of samples. While your manipulation of the vox is very groovy, we have to avoid direct samples from square-enix games unfortunately.

Production for me is firmly above the bar. Everything can be heard well and nothing really drowns anything out. You have your low end in check which can be challenging for stuff in this genre.

This is a Yes once those samples are exchanged with some original material.

NO (please resub with original vocal samples)

Just wanted to add a note that I was listening to this one yesterday and was having trouble making source connections to the original. I didn't get a chance to give it a second look before it was closed out. However, just wanted to give a heads-up to the mixer to make sure your source connections are clear enough in your next revision. Also, since it's possible I just totally missed what the referenced source material was, it may be helpful to provide specific timestamps on what source parts are referenced in various parts of the mix.

The main qualms of the previous judgements surrounded the use of Square samples (completely correct), but not a lot on the liberality of the material here.