*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Promise of Eternity'

djpretzel

email sub file Promise of Eternity (FF7 Remix).mp3

I did this almost a year ago and I've gotten a sounder grasp on fruity loops since then, but I think that this is my best game song so far. I hope you guys like it as much as I like your stuff.

It's a remix of the song that plays when Cloud is in the lifestream in FF7.

My name is Harold Greene - feel free to contact me via email at this address or on aim as Perpetual Inquisitor if you have any questions (I'm not on aim much though)

--

Harold Greene

perpetualinquisitor@fmailbox.com

--

http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 201 "Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII", 301 "Cosmo Canyon", some others

Instrumentation was indeed loud and harsh, and rigid in the performance. Coupled with the roboticness of the timing, the construction was relatively sparse leaving the track feeling empty and devoid of emotion most of the way. The arrangement isn't developed in any meaningful sense; the sub letter's misleading in that there's medleyitis going on. Nothing more to say other than to learn more and subsequently do more for future subs.

NO

The arpeggios right at the beginning are REALLY REALLY mechanical. To be honest they sound absolutely terrible. They're also way too loud - the melody should take prominence, not harmony, in this case. Throughout the song, you only use very simplistic rhythms and patterns which makes it flat-out boring most of the time. You also have virtually no low end or low-mid making it sound pretty empty too. Finally the song structure is not good at all.. the transitions are extremely abrupt, as is the ending. This needs a lot of work in all categories. I suggest spending some time listening to your favorite ReMixes (or ANY song for that matter) and paying closer attention to what makes them really effective. Then, get lots of feedback from the WIP forum, and brush up on your production in our ReMixing forum.

NO