Forest Interlude - Donkey Kong Country 2

This video was super fun for me, because I got to collaborate with Peter of Soundole VGM Covers. When I first presented him with the various songs I had been thinking of covering, he mentioned making Forest Interlude funky, using some fun patches for his EWI, and the idea stuck. I really to take the groove of the original, and make it more upbeat. Lots of fun syncopation and a beat that gets more spastic as the song goes on. Getting to collaborate was really refreshing. Check it out, and if you want to make some music together, let me know!

http://youtu.be/IpXM72dvLmU

There are times in history when forces sit opposite of one another, perhaps unaware of the other's presence or maybe just indifferent, yet when circumstances conspire that they should meet we as listeners, especially those who have listened to the individuals separately, are treated to an experience non like any other. Soundole. MotiveMakesaMan.Kyle Von Lanken. Much like the joining of peanut butter and chocolate, milk and the cookie or beer and pizza you have created something for which I would pay, in amounts not to exceed 15 USD, to see live in concert. You've captured the feel of live improvisation and the artist's den atmosphere, simply amazing. I look forward to many more just collaborations. Soundole, I've enjoyed all of your EWI covers, now you have injected your persona into the art, instead of just trying to do straight covers and your talents need no validation this is a new level of good. MotiveMakeaMan I've enjoyed your covers for sometime, It's as if Brian Eno, Koji Kondo and The Postal Service all rolled into one easy on the ears package. Kyle Von Lanken.....not too familiar with you, so way to live up to the first-impression-are-most-important mantra!

Edited by YoshiBlade