*NO* Donkey Kong Country 'Refraction'

djpretzel

Email sub file Refraction.mp3

Yo, long time OC lurker. I sent this a long time ago with a geoshitties link and never heard back, so I'll try attachment this time.

Here is a Donkey Kong Country ReMix I did of aquatic ambience. Njoy.

ReMixer name: flangdago

Email: flangdago@elitemail.org

"I came to kick some a$$ and chew gum, and.. oh wait here's another stick"

--

Kristopher Butz

flangdago@elitemail.org

--

- Email service worth paying for. Try it for free

what is up with people encoding at 128 kbps on short songs? ugh.

I feel like the ecoding hurts this song significantly. sounds pretty grainy to me.

The instrumentation is pretty cool. I feel like this track would sound excellent if it werent hidden by fuzz.

as it is, it could use more development and cleaner production.

NO

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=dkc - "Aquatic Ambiance" (dkc-08.spc)

Rather needlessly loud, so I wouldn't have minded it being toned down a bit. I don't really think the encoding was the primary thing holding this back on the production side, as everything sounds too swamped to begin with.

The ideas for the intro were alright but not particularly engaging. But the song was already more than halfway and it didn't feel like anything substantial had happened. The fadeout at 2:54 was way too fast.

The whole thing felt like an intro to a much longer, more potentially evolving piece. Certainly some melodic interpretation here, but the track was short and aimless. Where's the beef?

NO

Swishy-Swashy flanging effect is pretty good to begin with. But needs to build to something solid. The distorted textures remind me of Rimco's Doomed-e1m8 remix. Cool effect, but not utilised too well here.

The melody that came in halfway through the second minute was pretty good in the textured environment. Those beats that came in after 2:10 needed to come in much sooner. They're good. Layer them with some non-flanged drums and you have a solid beat for the piece.

The texturing is what makes this mix sound cool. It needs more solid arrangement ideas, and maybe needs to be a little longer too. Good work though.

NO