Temporal Rain (Temporal Tower)

Flam1ng Dem0n

For some reason, at 0:25 - 0:42, the harp seems to be playing notes that feel disjointed and looplike, and at 0:42 - 1:22, the instruments' rhythms are hard to pin down (i.e. it's hard to tell when to expect their emphases on each measure; they feel awkward).

The same goes for 1:32 - 1:48 as it was at 0:42 - 1:22, especially in the brass. It just feels like something in the rhythm is making it "too human" or "overly loose", and some notes just don't make sense IMO.

Overall I'm just getting this feeling that this is too repetitive, and the awkward rhythms are distracting. The harp is also really, really busy compared to a normal harp part in an orchestral piece. :whatevaa: You have a nice concept going in terms of using a thunderstorm sound effect with this, and the general arrangement idea has potential. I'd try working on fixing the rhythms of the non-harp orchestral elements and the flow of the harp notes. It would take a fair amount of work to up the realism of the other instruments.

For some reason, at 0:25 - 0:42, the harp seems to be playing notes that feel disjointed and looplike, and at 0:42 - 1:22, the instruments' rhythms are hard to pin down (i.e. it's hard to tell when to expect their emphases on each measure; they feel awkward).

The same goes for 1:32 - 1:48 as it was at 0:42 - 1:22, especially in the brass. It just feels like something in the rhythm is making it "too human" or "overly loose", and some notes just don't make sense IMO.

Overall I'm just getting this feeling that this is too repetitive, and the awkward rhythms are distracting. The harp is also really, really busy compared to a normal harp part in an orchestral piece. :whatevaa: You have a nice concept going in terms of using a thunderstorm sound effect with this, and the general arrangement idea has potential. I'd try working on fixing the rhythms of the non-harp orchestral elements and the flow of the harp notes. It would take a fair amount of work to up the realism of the other instruments.

Wow! Thanks for the awesome feedback and reply! I was actually expecting sort of a...half a$$ response, as I usually seem to get those in other communities.

If there was a "Thanks" button for your post, it would have been hit. :-D

I am currently in Game Art College, so I work on songs off and on when I can. So your feedback should be very handy when I get some down time.

Thanks again!