OCR03041 - *YES* Kirby 64 'Aqua Tides'

Chimpazilla

Hey, I've long been a fan of OC ReMix, and since I recently recorded a bunch of tracks for a CD of mine, I thought I'd try submitting one of the more original arrangements.

My arrangement is called "Aqua Tides", and is an arrangement of "Aqua Star" (I believe) from Kirby 64: the Crystal Shards. Many of my arrangements are in this sort of jazz piano style, and I try to pull inspiration from the likes of Vince Guaraldi and Dave Brubeck, two of my favorite artists. This piece in particular I'd wanted to cover in some form or another for some time, but the typical poppy 4/4 beat from most Kirby games, particularly 64, didn't lend itself well to piano. However, I thought it worked a great deal better in a smoother 6/8, and it kind of has a natural roll to it that, to me, evokes the feeling of small waves on the shore.

Here's a link to the track; please let me know if this is the wrong format, or if it's not on Dropbox for whatever reason:

As a side note, this track is currently for sale on Loudr.fm and iTunes as "Aqua Star (from Kirby 64: the Crystal Shards)", as part of my cover album "Video Game Variations 2". By my understanding of your content policy, I believe I can continue distributing the track as such so long as I don't distribute it with any connection to OC ReMix (as is the case currently; I'm not even using the same track name), but if this submission can't be accepted because of that, then I'll see if I can't come up with a similar arrangement for another track in the future, and I'm sorry for taking your time. I certainly have no problem with your distribution of the track as you see fit per the terms of your content policy, so long as I am allowed to keep selling the track myself in its current state.

Contact information:

ReMixer name - jdaster64 (I don't have an account on the site/forums yet, but I'll probably make one soon)

Real name - Jonathan Aldrich

E-mail address -

Website - www.youtube.com/jdaster64piano, jdaster64.tumblr.com

Thank you for your time, and if this isn't accepted, please let me know what I can do in the future to improve it or future arrangements!

~ Jonathan "jdaster64" Aldrich

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Chimpazilla

The only reason I didn't Direct Post this track is that the mastering is so quiet. A bit of compression would really make this track shine. Other than that, I just adore this, really groovy and classy, very well done. Source is straightforward, and this is a great reinterpretation. I hope we hear more from you Jonathan, and just a bit louder next time please. (not squashed though) ;-)

edit 12/5/14: new version remastered by Flexstyle... YAY! Even more YES now.

YES

Edited by Chimpazilla

Can we do a "YES CONDITIONAL"???

Shariq & I are both down with this, interpretation is there, sounds great... but Kris is right, it SHOULD be a bit louder.

I'm hoping we can get a louder master OR a WAV with permission to increase volume.

If we can't, or the artist insists on keeping it at this level, we HAVE posted stuff this quiet, so the answer would still be:

YES