One simple yet crucial question

Hey everyone,

quick question. I just started using FL and I"m getting pretty decent results, but my bass line keeps fading in and out. It distracts from the rest of the song. Any ideas why it does this? Any suggestion's to fix it?

So, what is it exactly you're trying to achieve with the bassline?

Posting a link to a sound clip might help identify the problem as well.

Sounds to me like you've set an automation to the volume knob on the bassline by accident. Maybe you were trying to set it to pan left/right and back, but used it on the volume knob instead of panning?

Anyways, check your patterns, and the event editor for the volume on that track. (Two knobs on left side of the track, left knob is panning, right knob is volume) right click on the knob to bring up a menu, and choose the event editor. See if there's something going on with that. Kinda sounds like you set some kinda oscillation on the volume by accident maybe?

Pretty much any knob or control in fruity has some kinda event or automation possible, but if it's fading in/out volume wise, the volume knob is a good place to check.

It could be some other effect or plugin could be causing the problem as well, depending on what you're using, but when wierd crap happens, the event editor is usually a good place to start looking.

Also, use the forum search, and take a look at the Fruityloops 101 thread if you haven't already. Chances are the problem may have been covered there.

(although searching through 100+ pages can be a bit daunting *cough*)

Others on the forums can probably give a more in depth response. Just trying to help. Good luck.

So, what is it exactly you're trying to achieve with the bassline?

THe bass line in my song is very heavy and carries alot of the songs. It sort of sets the mood and tone of it. Thanks for the advice. If it doesn't work I'll post on the FL stickj like I was sopposed to (Thought I did the first time): :roll: