Bowser's Inside Story, Grand Finale, "All That Remains"

ZackParrish

Oh hell yes, I've been dying to hear this song remixed! No critiques here, just wanted to chime in and say that you made me a very happy listener with this track! :-D

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it turns out that all of your contributions to this album are really awesome. Keep sharing and submitting this amazing work with us, Zack! You're definitely one of the most promising up-and-coming remixers I've seen on the site in quite a while.

Edited by Emunator

Sweet remix there. If u want, The prc 287 (over at the competition tabs) is currently doing that bowser theme and another theme (since there was 2 winners at Prc 285). U don't have to remix both entries to one song, but u could submit this one you made. It shouldn't be a problem since ur original post for this song is at 12/26. :<

Sweet remix there. If u want, The prc 287 (over at the competition tabs) is currently doing that bowser theme and another theme (since there was 2 winners at Prc 285). U don't have to remix both entries to one song, but u could submit this one you made. It shouldn't be a problem since ur original post for this song is at 12/26. :<

Was going to submit it as you suggested but thasauce.net hates me apparently and wouldn't let me register. Might try again later... :P

Nice remix! Source song is amazing and you treat it well.

For some feedback, I feel that the rhytm guitar is a bit low and it creates a weird contrast with the kick drum. It seems to me that you wanted to make a raw sounding kick sound for a heavy vibe, but the kick is the only heavy thing in the song, so it sounds weird. I think it'd sound more natural if the rhytm guitar had more presence in the mix.

Orchestral interlude is very very cool. What libraries are you using there? They sound very good. Chiptunes are also nice. I like how many elements this song has.

I can't really criticize that much to be honest, only my small gripe with how the rhytm guitar sounds. It lacks power! Otherwise, very very good remix.

I use Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, and Berlin Woodwinds for orchestral stuff. The solo trumpet is Sample Modeling's 'The Trumpet'. For orchestral percussion I am using Project SAM True Strike 1(it's a bit dated though...)

I felt like the guitars could have been beefed up a bit more myself as well but had such a short deadline to complete the track because I took it up as a last minute submission for Harmony of Heroes: Final Smash. Might revisit it one day but knowing me it's not likely I'll ever open the project again. :) Thanks for the feedback though, will spend more time on balancing the drums / guitars better in the future.