*NO* Super Metroid 'Into the Depths'

djpretzel

email sub file Into the Depths (Super Metroid).mp3

Hello,

My name is Vijay Jayant, and I would like to submit a ReMix.

I attached my ReMix along with this letter.

My desired ReMixer name is: Phaz0n MixEr

I have remixed the Red Brinstar theme from Super Metroid. I made it on Fruity loops Studio.

I may submit more ReMixes in the future. My email Adress is : Hyperboi4evr@gmail.com

Thank you,

Vijay Jayant

--

ALL HAIL METROID METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=sm - "Brinstar Red Soil Swampy Area" (sm-20.spc)

Decent intro up until that one synth came in at :06. Anyway, decent ideas although the texture was actually pretty empty despite the effects.

Melody comes in at :38 with some dissonance that sounds awful. Then some weird roaring synth came in at :50 with slightly off timing. The way the sounds drop in and out is so awful, because it doesn't create anything in terms of dynamics; when stuffs drops out, you just get a more barren mix. 1:26 was a good example of that. The synths used on lead are typically too thin, and nothing's going on in the background to compensate.

Beats at 1:48 are weak in terms of the energy, have little processing and don't even gel with the melody or drive the track along. The structure here doesn't flow at all. 2:27 goes to some really low-energy, generic electronica arrangement for the melody.

Yeah, the way everything's put together isn't particularly cohesive, musical or possessing of purpose. You gotta get better at writing (leads and supporting instrumentation), and learn how to create textures from sounds that in fact work together. Then we'll talk about you're production. In any case, use the ReMixing forum to learn more about music-making with FL Studio, then post your material to the Works forum for some initial feedback from the peeps.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Errr.. when the first melody riff comes in there's some ridiculous dissonance there. I can think of no musical excuse to do that. It just sounds bad. Otherwise, the arrangement is fairly conservative. I do commend you in your effort to change the sounds over the course of the song, as well as the percussion. You didn't just rely on a couple loops. However this is relatively far from our standard of quality. Most of the sounds are dull and not used particularly well, and there is no attention paid to balancing out frequencies (you want a mix of low, middle, and high - it's mostly low-middle right now). The dissonance in the melody that comes up a few times really sort of puts the nail in the coffin.

The ReMixing and WIP forums on this site are an excellent place to go to get feedback. I suggest doing that first before submitting next time as I'm sure some people would have caught the wrong notes.

NO