Nintendo Orchestral Medley

Pl511

stats.png

So far I'm two songs in to this medley, wondering where to go next. The songs I've used are Zelda's Lullaby and Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 7, and I'm hoping to add Good Egg Galaxy from Mario Galaxy next. Really enjoying working on such a free unrestricted arrangement - it's been a while since I've done something as fun as the Rainbow Road part considering I'm usually quite shy when to it comes to writing completely new orchestral parts for songs that normally aren't orchestrated.

stats.png

Finished the structure! Definitely a more substantial medley, in the end the songs I decided to include were Zelda's Lullaby, Rainbow Road, Verdanturf Town, Gourmet Race, and Good Egg Galaxy. I'm really pleased with how the arrangement ended up turning out. Rainbow Road especially was really fun to work on, so I might end up making a full version of that after I'm done with polishing this up a little.

First of all I want to say that I really like your work. Your new album sounds incredible! But... There are still a few things to say about this mix.

Right now it's just a collection of nintendosongs that not always fluently flow into each other. Except for the instrumentation and general feeling, it's not really a whole song. The transition from Zelda's lullaby to Rainbow road just asks for a Good Egg cameo, but right now it's just a few measures of blatant filler. I'd recommend unifying it arrangement-wise as well, because right now it's still really straightforward.

The general sound and instrumentation is really, really cool but sometimes the timing is a bit 'vague'. I can't give exact data because of tindeck, but at a few points the instruments aren't played at exactly the same time.

The flute is too legato. It's just not humanly possible to make an octavejump or to play the same note twice without changing your articulation. It sounds okay at small intervals, but when it exceeds the fifth it gets too 'round' to sound realistic.

I think that that little thrillerthingy in the oboe at Verdanturf Town sounds a bit odd, but that might be my personal taste.

But it was really nice nonetheless!:smile:

Thanks for the feedback! This was basically completely for fun to ease myself back into arranging after working on so many original songs, so I'm not really *that* bothered about a lot of the mistakes I made on the mix, but I'm going to try and address a few of them before I upload the final version of this.

Also, I'm really glad you liked the album! The response has been really cool for a lot of the tracks so far, I'm really psyched that so many people have enjoyed it. Final version should hopefully be done in maybe 5 hours-ish if I can squeeze enough creativity in it. Just hit half a million views on my Youtube channel so this is going to be a bit of a celebration video. :D