SSB 64 - Fighting Polython Theme [Remix]

NyxTheShield

Greetings.

I like'd your mix quite a bit. The changing from horn to organ sound adds a good variety and the song has decent energy throughout. I would love it if the horns in the first half minute did a crescendo and if the bass would be a little louder when the organs are doing there thing around .50-1min. I play the bass so I'm biased, but I think a slight more would add a bit to the distinction of the different parts.

Good luck with your work, hope I've helped.

I question if you want this to be a Mod Review, due to the fact that this was designed for a fan game (and therefore loops, fades out, is very conservative, etc.) - Mod review is specifically if you're looking to post something on OCR's front page. If you're looking for feedback here, that is great; the Workshop forum is just for that. Understand, though, that Mod Review might not get you the kind of feedback you want (that is, specifically oriented toward submitting the track to the site) - you'd get more generalized feedback by posting it as a WIP or Finished track headline.

I'm changing the headline to 'Finished' - if you actually are planning on submitting the track on the OCR front page, understand that it's far too conservative an arrangement to be posted on the OCR front page, as it stands, and work to include some more original ideas into the mix (That's the gist of my mini-Mod Review).

As far as things go outside of a Mod Review, though, the instrumentation is actually pretty fitting - that organ is really cool. The track seems a little hollow, like there is nothing going on in the mid range. No chordal filler or anything, so it feels a little empty overall. It sounds pretty cool otherwise, though - nice take on an underrepresented game of the series :)

I question if you want this to be a Mod Review, due to the fact that this was designed for a fan game (and therefore loops, fades out, is very conservative, etc.) - Mod review is specifically if you're looking to post something on OCR's front page. If you're looking for feedback here, that is great; the Workshop forum is just for that. Understand, though, that Mod Review might not get you the kind of feedback you want (that is, specifically oriented toward submitting the track to the site) - you'd get more generalized feedback by posting it as a WIP or Finished track headline.

I'm changing the headline to 'Finished' - if you actually are planning on submitting the track on the OCR front page, understand that it's far too conservative an arrangement to be posted on the OCR front page, as it stands, and work to include some more original ideas into the mix (That's the gist of my mini-Mod Review).

As far as things go outside of a Mod Review, though, the instrumentation is actually pretty fitting - that organ is really cool. The track seems a little hollow, like there is nothing going on in the mid range. No chordal filler or anything, so it feels a little empty overall. It sounds pretty cool otherwise, though - nice take on an underrepresented game of the series :)

DId i post it as mod review? I am sorry i think i may have pressed down after selecting the tag, i was sure i submitted it as Finished (For those same reasons, is too conservative hahah)

Now that you mention it, it indeed lacks a bit in the middle range, i will take a look at it.