"Midna's Lament" Progressive Metal arrangement

RichaadEB

Wow, great stuff! I see someone likes Polyphia :<

I love the sax and syncopated sections a lot!

I'm not sure about this, but I think in the section after 5:49 the guitar with delay playing trills and the lead have some conflicting frequencies. Could just be my headphones though.

I'm not sure about this, but I think in the section after 5:49 the guitar with delay playing trills and the lead have some conflicting frequencies.

Nah I think you're right, after I released the video I was listening back and around 5:39 I heard a little bit of dissonance with the tremolo notes, tapping leads, and the tail end of the solo. There wasn't much I could do about it at that point, but I'm honestly not too upset about it. If anyone asks I'll probably claim it was intentional ;)

Glad you liked it!

Oooooh, just the right choice of tones and effects. And that PRS of yours is a beauty. Fancy fingerwork. The sax and the guitars blend far better than I would have expected.

I am seriously digging this arrangement.

Thanks so much! Mixing the sax into a heavy-ish post-metal type part was a trip; I used M83 and TesseracT as a reference for levels, boosted the high end quite a bit, and applied a LOT of reverb and delay to give it a spacey effect without completely killing it. Glad you like it!