*NO* Super Mario Bros. 'Mario in da House'

Liontamer

Yo all.

I have just started to remix and im starting to get the hang of it. I have never posted any remixes her befor so im not really sure if im doing this right, and im not sure if i did the ID tags right. if not, please let me know and i will fix it.

Anyhow. I havent decided on any artist name yet so im going with my last name "Gager". Anyhow. This is the first remix that i can say that i really like. Its a remix of the good old "Super mario bros" theme with alittle electro feeling to it. Hope you guys like it so I can share it with the rest of the world ;)

the song can be dowloaded from my webbpage at:

Sorry for low speed but its my own webbserver and its on a crappy DSL line in nothern sweden.

Hope you guys like it ;)

/Gager

Cute little arrangement, but you've gotta have more variety in your soundscape than a bunch of saw waves.

This also ends up having a really BGM feel to it. It's not much of a standalone piece; its arrangement pretty much just goes through the overworld theme a few times, without any changes between the iterations.

That ending is terrible.

Needs more varied sounds and some actual arrangement, rather than just repeated 8-bar phrases.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/smb1.zip - Track 1 ("Overworld BGM")

At the start, I at least liked the personalization ideas here. Decent job giving some depth to the soundscape. The harmonies are a bit rough at times. Wish the drumbeat varied up more; you had a nice pattern there, but it never changed up.

The others are right in that the arrangement needs more substance. Beyond 1:15, there's nothing new than the same few bars being arranged the exact same way, and that just doesn't work for a 2:28-long track.

Get even more interpretive with the arrangement and try to develop new ideas. Decent first sub; a long way from having a chance at passing, but you at least show some good basic skills.

NO