Contact Info

ReMixer name: Phntm of the Opra

email address: mattimatti@gmail.com

userid on forums: 44461

ReMix Info

Name of Remix: A Flute Lost in Space

Name of game(s) ReMixed: EVE Online

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: My Other Residency

Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc.

Composer: Jón Hallur.

Publisher: CCP

Platform: PC

Link to Original (will be removed after the judges review):

Not too impressed with the intro. Sounds like experimental MIDI-keyboard work and takes way too long to go anywhere. Strings come in and the percussion goes out, why? The strings aren't solid enough to carry the music by themselves. As the rest of the orchestral elements come in, it just sounds flat and lifeless.

Solo and slow piano work comes in around 2 minutes in, followed by some strings and out-of-tune light flutework.

I can hear some promising ideas, but this sounds like it's still in an early WIP phase rather than a finished piece. The instruments are all basic. Everything sounds so quite and lifeless, and the arrangement isn't complex enough to be considered anywhere near finished.

It's a shame too, since EVE Online has a remarkable atmospheric soundtrack, and Hallur's work will hopefully eventually have a deserving ReMix on this site.

NO

EVE Online - Ambient015

Thanks for providing the source.

Not too impressed with the intro. Sounds like experimental MIDI-keyboard work and takes way too long to go anywhere. Strings come in and the percussion goes out, why? The strings aren't solid enough to carry the music by themselves. As the rest of the orchestral elements come in, it just sounds flat and lifeless.

Solo and slow piano work comes in around 2 minutes in, followed by some strings and out-of-tune light flutework.

I can hear some promising ideas, but this sounds like it's still in an early WIP phase rather than a finished piece. The instruments are all basic. Everything sounds so quite and lifeless, and the arrangement isn't complex enough to be considered anywhere near finished.

It's a shame too, since EVE Online has a remarkable atmospheric soundtrack, and Hallur's work will hopefully eventually have a deserving ReMix on this site.

When I feel the compulsion to steal, I do it from the best, i.e. I quoted TO, because you should read what he said more than once. TO's right on point with the lack of energy and complexity. You've gotta flesh this one out substantially and also achieve a more realistic feel to the performance, which is very rigid right now. You've got a decent WIP/base, but that's all this is.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I share the concerns about the strings. They aren't strong enough to be a solo instrument. Why does the percussion all drop out when the strings come in? Why did you even bother introdcing that idea in the intro if you planned on just cutting it out?

This track could be more affective in terms of ambience if the ideas were not so discrete...first there's an intro with percussion, then that stops and there's a string section, then that stops and there's some piano thing. You need to make this more cohesive and internally relevant.

NO