Secret of Evermore - Fire Eyes

Hipnotyk

https://soundcloud.com/matt-s-harrison/fireeyes

Hey everyone!  With the 20th anniversary of Secret of Evermore approaching, I thought it would be fun to remake a track that captivated 10-year old me the second I heard it.  Jeremy Soule did an amazing job with scoring this game and I feel like it has been living in the shadows of Chrono Trigger all this time.

Tracking the instruments didn't take long, but I spent several days focusing on the mix/master and creating a good atmosphere with animal sounds and soundscapes.  I even sampled my dog Timmy who was rewarded with a few bits of my pork chop for his hard work!

Hope you enjoy my rendition of this track.

Thanks!  The extra percussion was one of the first things I added to fill it out.  After that locked in, I added some of the stuff like "strum & hum" effect which I moved around a bit.  I put it on the second bar of every 4-bar phrase so it didn't take too much away from the entrance of the lead lines, and also create a "but wait, there's more" sort of mind trick.