*NO* Super Mario 64 'Amazing Haze'

Liontamer

Hi attached is remix I have done of Mario 64 of the hazy maze cave level.

The remix is a headphone mix (so hopefully not too muddy, headphones is all I have)

I got the urg to remix this track when I first got the software trilogy (made by spectrasonics) a lovely bass programme and the sound of the bass was so good I found myself playing the mario underground theme, and thought yeah a remix would be great and got to work, I spent about 8 hours on it

well hope you enjoy

all the best Mike

• 3 weeks later...

not a bad track, but the track from mario 64 is a remix of the underworld theme from mario brothers, and this track doesnt do much different from the n64 version. It's quite enjoyable, but it's very similar to the mario 64 version. The difference being an enhanced groove, mainly. The atmosphere is the same, and there's not a lot going on compositionally.

sorry.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/usf/sm64usf.rar - 14 "Cave Dungeon"

Hate to glib you when you have an otherwise cool track where you tried to personalize the approach and use some different sounds, but the arrangement is basically the same as the N64 version, like Vigilante said. Creatively, it really doesn't stand apart from the original except for having more driving beatwork. The bassline sounds like an upgrade of the original, as well as the piano at 1:41. The in-game SFX usage at 2:54 was cheesy, and not enough of a factor to merit being used for all of about 3 seconds.

You have the potential to really go off into some creative, personalized interpretation of the source here if you can think of further ways to have it not sound so much like the N64 version. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future, Mike; I like your style so far. Stick around here and make use of the ReMixing and Works forums if you aren't doing so already.

NO

yeah, as sam elliot said in The Big Lebowski:

"i like your style"

Still, you need to make the arrangement your own.

there were some cool beats. i'd advise taking the track on some harmonic or rhythmic detours at some point if you're gonna stick with this style.

as it stands, its too close to the original (as has been stated before).

NO