Mother Series Album Project (Recruiting)

Allx360

Hey everyone! So I am going to start getting serious for this project, for now the title is just Mother Series Album but we can brainstorm later. This Album will consist of songs from all Three Mother (Earthbound in america) games. To get you inspired here is some links to playlists with all of the songs in all three games. I'll have a tracklist of what songs we are aiming to include in the album soon but for now feel free to ask questions and get excited. 

Mother 1, 

Mother 2, 

Mother 3, 

• 1 month later...

I know quite a few years back there was a 'Bound Together' Earthbound remix album project that got released. What would you do differently to differentiate this one from that one? Thematic theming of the soundtrack? (Like all jazz or rock, etc.) Or be it multi-varied like the Bound Together album was? Just throwing out ideas on if you got firm ideas for what you want for the album. :)

I had some ideas on how it could vary from bound together (Great album BTW) I was thinking we could feature songs from all three games with different styles of music. The reason why I say this is because the first Mother game has a smaller soundtrack so the other two could fit it nicely with remixes from all three games. Anyways keep sending me input for this album, I want to see this a reality! 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the title should include something that's consistent across all three games. Some things all the games have in common:

1. Leaving home

2. Adventure with Friends

3. Something larger and more sinister than originally anticipated

4. Mr. Saturns (M2 and M3 only)

5. Search for X number of [melody or needle]

Have you contacted the guy who is doing the soundtrack for Mother 4? He might be interested. We could do a name like "Mother's Lullabies" or "Searching for the Next Melodies". I'm not good at naming things.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2015 at 8:02 PM, Precipotato said:

I think the title should include something that's consistent across all three games. Some things all the games have in common:

1. Leaving home

2. Adventure with Friends

3. Something larger and more sinister than originally anticipated

4. Mr. Saturns (M2 and M3 only)

5. Search for X number of [melody or needle]

Have you contacted the guy who is doing the soundtrack for Mother 4? He might be interested. We could do a name like "Mother's Lullabies" or "Searching for the Next Melodies". I'm not good at naming things.

Interesting ideas, Three is a common number in the series so I believe we should include that in the title but I'm open to to other ideas.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! Time for another update, so i'm just about to start the track list that i'd personally want in the album (Remember we are doing songs from all three games), Before I do so i want to know if there are any songs that you guys think have to be in the album. I want this album to something that we can all enjoy making so leave your song ideas here!

• 3 weeks later...

Given how iconic the song is due to Smash Bros, Bein Friends from Mother/Earthbound Zero and fits the adventure with friends theme.
Other than that, there's Magicant. Maybe its just my bias talking here, but that song is amazing and has quite a bit of potential for ReMixes if you ask me.

• 5 months later...