*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Doomsday Meets da Funk'

Liontamer

Recording quality is bad, but the arrangement/performance is decently executed. Picks up later on, at least. - LT

* Remixer name: Man_of_Curry

* Email: Paahthepancake@hotmail.com

* Game of remix: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

* Name of song: (I don't know, but it's the final boss song.)

* Additional information: The game is for the Sega Genesis!

* Link to ost: Zophar's Domain?

* Comments: This is my first official remix, so don't be light on me.

I'm 13, so if accepted, I MIGHT be the youngest remixer on the site. I've

been taking piano since February of 2000. The method of recording was using

a red box (a Fostex Digital Multitracker MR-8 aka a red box). The

inspiration was... I don't know. The first major theme with the octaves in

the left hand just happened and the rest was through some remixes on the

site (such as JigginJonT's remix of Big Blue) and my own personal style.

I've been composing for a while, so remixing was close enough to composing.

The sound quality I hope is acceptable, as we didn't record in a studio; we

recorded with a red box at my house.

Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=37 - "Final Boss"

So yeah, the recording is awful. Lots of hiss, clicks, pops, and artifacts to be found. Yeah, pretty bad. Now that that's been established...

The performance at the very beginning was VERY rough. As the track moved on, things got noticeably more fluid, although you simply need more practice playing the piece for a smoother performance, as things sounded rough the whole way through. JJT and zircon would have more specific tips in terms of refining your technique.

Though the arrangement gets a bit repetitive, a top-flight player could further embellish upon this and get this arrangement passed. At your current skill level however, Conner, it's just not happening, and that's not taking into account the production as well.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Ok lots of clicks in this recording. This is a very muddy recording, probably due to mic placement. Too much low end rumble particularly at the beginning. That brings me on to the next point, the arrangement. That dissonance in the beginning really didn't sound good - I can hear where you're putting in the bass from the source in with the melody, but it really doesn't sound good on a piano! From .38 sounds a lot better.

I think to give this remix more scale and interest, you could have used more of the piano, possibly going higher for some parts ie. octave 5 and above, rather than staying in the same areas all the time, it makes the mix less dynamic and less interesting. Not up to the OCR bar for piano solos.

NO