Sonic the Hedgehog OVA "For The Land of The Sky" Remix

mattmatrice

Not necessarily a video game cover, but a song from an OVA based on the Iconic Sonic the Hedgehog.

I'm pretty sure some of you have watched it, so hopefully the few will appreciate it.

I kept it relatively structured the same as the original, but added a guitar solo and used a guitar for the majority of the lead lines.

Hopefully it turned out okay. All critique is welcomed!

https://soundcloud.com/matthew-matriciano/for-the-land-of-the-sky-remix 

EDIT: I noticed everyone linking the originals to their posts so here's the original for mine.

https://youtu.be/ehJAm6ACO5M

I like what you've done here!

Sure, it stays very similar to the original, but the added guitar solo makes the mix really sound fresh!

However, I think the piece ends quite abruptly and is also too lood, in my opinion.

I know the orignal source has a weird ending too, but I'd probably continue the synth melody for a few more seconds to make the track ends more smoothly if I were you.

Other than that, I don't have anything to say.

I think it's well produced and very pleasant to listen to.

Great job modernizing that awesome track!

I like what you've done here!

Sure, it stays very similar to the original, but the added guitar solo makes the mix really sound fresh!

However, I think the piece ends quite abruptly and is also too lood, in my opinion.

I know the orignal source has a weird ending too, but I'd probably continue the synth melody for a few more seconds to make the track ends more smoothly if I were you.

Other than that, I don't have anything to say.

I think it's well produced and very pleasant to listen to.

Great job modernizing that awesome track!

I know exactly what you mean by the ending being a little loud after. I figured that out after listening through my headphones. Thanks for the feed back and kind words! I have been working on my mixing and mastering skills for a while now and I'm glad it's finally starting to pull through. For the ending, however, I'll see what I can do it make it seem less abrupt. I personally didn't mind the abrupt ending because of nostalgic reasons ha! Well anyways, thanks again!