*NO* Sim City 'ytiCmiS'

Emunator

• Your ReMixer name -  テクノ資本主義NOSTALGIA
  • Name of game(s) arranged - SimCity (SNES)
  • Name of arrangement - ytiCmiS
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged - Title
Info: This is part of a larger piece which aims to accurately portray what it sounds like to exist as a citizen inside the SimCity cartridge. My guess is that it is an agonizing life of purgatory, punctuated briefly by moments of bliss. The original title for this song, then, is 'Hope' because the cartridge has been engaged and our citizens' world will be brought to life on screen - but for how long?

Source:

Haha, vaporwave! I never thought I'd see this on OCR. Kudos to you for submitting something totally unique and obscure.

On first listen, my gut told me that this was a pretty cool piece that wasn't really working that well out of context... I checked out your Soundcloud and I think that confirms my suspicions. This works pretty well in the context of your SimCity album but on its own, the track doesn't really have enough length or development to work as a one-off track. Almost 2/3rds of the track is spent on the same ambient loop before you begin to progress anywhere.

The track is very lo-fi and hazy, which is obviously an A E S T H E T I C choice that was entirely deliberate, but I can see how some judges might be turned off by that entirely. In my opinion, though, if you were to develop the arrangement a bit more and introduce more of a structure, you could actually be on the verge of something passable. Right now, there's just not enough substance for OCR standards with regards to the arrangement.

No matter how this goes or whether or not you choose to resubmit, I enjoyed this!

NO

• 3 weeks later...

As the others, I am a fan of your execution of this piece. I enjoyed your choice and placement of sounds and the ambient textures. Your arrangement is the main thing in need of work here as far as an OCR submission goes - your track felt like it was beginning to build up to something more. It would've been great to hear you take things further and experiment with the source with some original ideas. As it stands, there doesn't feel like there's enough substantial content here for submission. If you consider submitting an extended version for OCR, I'm all ears. As far as it stands however, it's a

NO