from Oil Ocean Zone but done in an Electronic/Orchestral fusion style,

though it's hard for me to really give it a genre. I've tried my best to get

it to OC Remix quality, but if you don't think it is that standard I'd

really appriciate some feedback :)

ReMixer name: Qjimbo

Email address:

Best Regards,

Jim

The strings at 0.03 were quite cheap sounding. You definitely had better string sounds later on in this mix - not the best way to start. The instrument playing the melody sounds like a clarinet to me; this instrument sounds good. This mix is a strange mishmash of good quality and bad quality sounds.

The sitar sounds ok at 0.29, but bad at 1.07 - this is due in part to the unnatural way in which the instrument is used at 1.07. In addition, whilst this style hasn't neccesarily got a genre, I think that the sounds used were just too different. You've got synths with orchestral sounds, and a sitar - and the sounds that have been chosen just don't blend together imo.

Level of rearrangement is ok, lots of little bits and pieces added in the background underneath the melody. However at about 1 minute in, there begins a section which has some questionable notes in it. At about 1.25 onwards it sounds much better, although there is a distinct lack of an ending. All of this adds up to a

NO

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=37 - "Oil Ocean Zone"

I agreed with Malcos the whole way. The textures employed here didn't sound right at all, and this was a mishmash of decent sounds with poor ones.

The arrangement was too conservative and undeveloped, but you at least tried to personalize the approach. Still, it took you until 1:43 of a 2:05-long mix to even get interpretive with the source tune, rather than merely cover it with different instruments. The track had no ending; poop on that.

Decent stuff for a beginner, but you've got a long way to go. Make use of the ReMixing and Works forums to help you get there.

NO

Reminds me of Croc's music. Even the instrument choices are almost identical. I like the arrangement, it's creative and enjoyable even if not well produced.

Problem is the piece is only 2 minutes long and sounds like an hour of work. You need to put in much more effort than this to even be humoured on the subject of being posted to OCR.

NO