A Christmas Epic

Garpocalypse

Hey everyone,

In a never ending obsession with trying to achieve the largest wall of sound possible I did this track for the holidays this year.  After noticing a rather severe lack of Upper mids and highs on the album version I decided to try to push this version's strings and brass a bit higher.  However with it being EWQLSO Gold (and only having stage mics available) I was only able to get the samples brightened so far before becoming abrasive.  Definitely going to be saving up for EWQLSO Platinum.

It consists of 3 variations on Sonic 3's Icecap Zone Act 1  Sonic Advance's Ice Mountain a secret source, We 3 Kings and I saw 3 Ships.  Here's a hint. The secret source occurs in the middle.

Enjoy!

8 hours ago, Light_of_Aether said:

I really enjoyed your song!

I'm in the same boat as you with EWQLSO Gold; I'd love to have the close and hall mics available for more sound.

Thanks!

Actually, Chimpazilla was awesome enough to run some close mic samples off for the Field Funeral Tenor drum line that plays 5 minutes in. As soon as I put those stems in the drum line went from almost unusable to just what was needed. Once I saw how the close mics and the stage mics fit together I now can't wait to get all of the mic positions just to see how all of the samples sound when of the different mic positions are blended together. 

Hey man, Cool remix, Always hyped for these types of remixes ;P

Love how things sound like Christmas when you just use basic chords, add a snowman photo and add bells to the song hahaha

Give me a fantasy RPG with this song as the VGM of the Winter-Boss and i'm sold.