Sonic - Boss theme Remix

EXACERBLAST

Spent a week on this thing, mostly trying to compress and reverberise without it sounding like complete garbage.  I've been playing the guitar for over ten years and have written lots of music over the years but never really learnt how to record or use DAW's.  I only found out what compression did about 5 months ago, which is embarrassing.  So, still learning the vast nuances with actual music production and 'sonic space'.  I was originally going to use the old six-string for the lead bits in this but couldn't get a recording that didn't make my ears bleed, I don't even have an audio interface and the only hardware I DO have is an Akai - LPK25.  All the samples I've used are free ones and so are the VST's.

Original:

Solid! Did you play in a band? There is a great balance in all the tracks. Everything really supports each other!
The part between 2:15 and 2:50 was pretty calm, giving the fact that it goes back to the chorus after. I don't know if that was your intention or if you wanted something different...

Also never excuse yourself upfront. It's unnecessary. No one minds that you started late with something. It's can only put you in bad daylight. Showing your progress is great, it gives people the chance to follow your growth. And mistakes are part of them, so no need to feel bad about it. :)

Awesome job on this one!