OCR01530 - *YES* Wild Arms 'Visions of Kin'

Liontamer

Thank you for considering my latest mix:

The original midi is posted at http://www.rpgamer.com/games/wa/wa/wamid.html

The orchestration is deliberately minimalistic, except for the mid-section. Creating it was mostly a learning experience for me with my new hardware and software. I hope to create more complex mixes in the future. I think one WIP member used the word "intimate", which I think is the best description so far. Again, thank you for your consideration.

If you do post this mix: Could you guys update my old mix "Rachel's Gift" (FF6) from Maestrodeclure to James George. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------

Wild Arms Original Game Soundtrack - 08 "A Sister's Thought"

You couldn't have at least thrown that name change request out there before OCR01500? :-P

Short and sweet, it seemed liked it wasn't gonna be too interpretive at first, but once James changed the rhythm up substantially at :52, I saw he was indeed planning on putting his own unique spin on the source.

Loved the small orchestra setting. You definitely achieved the intimate sound you were going for, with a nice full soundscape despite the small amount of instrumentation going on. Fairly organic-minded presentation overall; even when some of the samples weren't overly realistic sounding, t hey're sequenced and produced for a very natural result from the performance side.

Great job on this one James; good to see you back with another release here after so long. Beautiful atmosphere, sophisticated dynamics, and a very creative arrangement of Naruke's original material. Some people thought this sounded aimless. Some people also just don't get it. :-)

YES

• 3 weeks later...

i think the intimacy is accomplished by the production. it is very gentle and, while spacious, it is snug within the soundscape and is easy to warm to. very good work there.

i didn't like the background strings in the beginning but they sound much better in the meat of the piece right as the percussion picks up.

i can see how this can be considered aimless; there is a distinct blandness to the track but i think that is where it works. its minimalism gives it dignity, that sort of deal where by default, each note carries with it more value and likewise is more effective.

admittedly, it is difficult to listen through more than a couple times unless i need some relaxing sounds.

i dig it

YES